From: ashar udeen on
Hi

I have been working in C++ Console applications (VC++ editor). Now, I
wish to customize my context menus using c++.

Basically, I need to create a separator in the Right Click Context
menus and a new menu item with some sub menu items in the context
menu.

Actually, while right click a File/Folder by default some menu options
will be listed (Say, Explore, Open, Send To,...). I would like to add
another option separated with a line separator. Is it possible to do
it by using C++ application. If so, please update me a sample source
code.

I tried to add it manually via registry by adding a new key in
'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell'. This list my new option in the menu.
But I am not sure how to add a line separator there.

Not sure, whether I need to use MFC to accomplish my requirement.

Could any one update me a sample source code to accomplish my
requirement with C++. For ex, while right click a folder, a menu named
'Testing' should be available. And the menu 'Testing' has 2 sub menus
'Test1' and 'Test2', some think like that.

Also I need to add a overlay image for a particular folder. Is it
possible with C++. If possible, pls let me know the sample source
code.

If not, please update me is there any other registry change to
accomplish my requirements.

Thanks in Advance,

Rahul
From: nico on
ashar udeen wrote:
> Hi
> Could any one update me a sample source code to accomplish my
> requirement with C++. For ex, while right click a folder, a menu named
> 'Testing' should be available. And the menu 'Testing' has 2 sub menus
> 'Test1' and 'Test2', some think like that.

See MSDN :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144171(VS.85).aspx
From: ashar udeen on
Hi,

Thanks . I will check the link and get back to you, if I need any
further clarifications.