From: H.B. on
With Windows XP Home edition:
I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user
name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumbnail photos.
What's this all about????
Any knowledge on this?
Thanks in advance,
hb

From: williamtell on
No! Fill us in on just what websites you have been visiting!

From: Dirk T. Verbeek on
H.B. schreef:
> With Windows XP Home edition:
> I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user
> name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumbnail photos.
> What's this all about????
> Any knowledge on this?
> Thanks in advance,
> hb

A leading dot makes file names hidden in Unix systems like Linux and MacOSX.
The / (forward slash) also points in that direction.

Maybe you run a dual boot and have accessed the sda1 drive from the
other OS?
Or maybe you use a graphics viewer like XnView or GQview that has it's
origins in Linux.
From: Ol�rin on

"Dirk T. Verbeek" <dverbeek(a)xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> H.B. schreef:
>> With Windows XP Home edition:
>> I have notice that under C:\Documents and Settings\user
>> name/.thumbnails\normal that there are a lot of recent thumbnail photos.
>> What's this all about????
>> Any knowledge on this?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> hb
> A leading dot makes file names hidden in Unix systems like Linux and
> MacOSX.
> The / (forward slash) also points in that direction.
>
> Maybe you run a dual boot and have accessed the sda1 drive from the other
> OS?
> Or maybe you use a graphics viewer like XnView or GQview that has it's
> origins in Linux.

I'm sure the forward slash was a typo - I've got this folder but it was
under \.thumbnails

No idea what the contents are about though, OP, sorry! Perhaps their nature
and date will give you clues.