From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on

> I am a self taught C++/Win 32 programmer and I would like to find some
> forums to answer questions I have with programs that I write. Often I
> have a challenge to decide if I have a C++ or a win32 question. For
> example, I am writing a bitmap program and I have having trouble.
> What are some good places I can go to learn how to get those questions
> answered?

One or more of these newsgroups, for starters. Note the division
between User, GDI, and Kernel in the microsoft.public.win32.programmer.*
hierarchy. Pick the appropriate one.

Don't go to somewhere like the comp.lang.c++ newsgroup if your questions
start with "Which Windows API function do I use to ...?".