|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Redirect the CRT assertions to a text file
I am writing a C program that uses a file to capture the Microsoft CRT assertions. The related code is like below: ===================================================== invalid_parameter_handler oldHandler, newHandler; #if defined(DEBUG) HANDLE hLogFile; hLogFile = CreateFile(L"c:\\assertlog.txt", GENERIC_... 13 Aug 2010 17:58
EH_UNWINDING without non-unwinding call first?
Hello, I am seeing that an SEH exception handler is called with EH_UNWINDING, although it has not been called before at all. I do not understand this situation. I thought first the exception handler is found that handles an exception by doing a non-EH_UNWINDING call and then all handlers up to that one are calle... 13 Aug 2010 07:03
Why SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces fails after SetupDiGetClassDevs success?
I have a strange problem with the "classic" device interface enumeration code (see below). It works on all WinXP machines we tried it on, except one. Unfortunately that is a customer's machine so I can't hack it freely, need some concrete ideas to act upon. In short, I call SetupDiGetClassDevs(&MY_GUID,... DIGCF... 12 Aug 2010 09:17
SuspendThread ... GetThreadContext returns "false" error code 5 ... why?
We have an application in which one thread can stop another to inspect its state, by doing SuspendThread/GetThreadContext/ResumeThread. Extremely rarely, on a multicore system, GetThreadContext returns error code 5 (Windows system error code "Access Denied"). We are checking the return status of SuspendThread... 11 Aug 2010 07:06
[Job] Symantec - Senior Software Engineer - Mountain View, CA
Company Overview Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help our customers – from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations – secure and manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and ef... 5 Aug 2010 21:23
Call "normal" Dll from UMDF driver +++ Interface to UMDF driver
Hi, is it possible, to call a "normal" C-DLL from an UMDF driver? How may I communicate with an UMDF driver? Is it only possible to use DeviceIoControls or are there other ways? Thanks in advice, sh192 ... 3 Aug 2010 19:09
Win2000 notepad issue
Hi, When I use an notepad on English Win2000, if I change the locale to Arabic in the "Regional Options" of the control panel, and do following step, meet one issue. 1. change the input to Araic. 2. push the "7" in the small keyboard. 3. push the "a" in the keyboard 4. push the "7" in the small keyboard. ... 29 Jul 2010 05:19
NT Service Questions
Folks, I am adding some new options for a RPC client (NT Service) to connect to a RPC Service on a remote machine. By default, the client installs itself with a dependency to the same machine RPC service. It will (or SCM will) start the RPC server service if not already started. wcClient -install T... 3 Aug 2010 19:09
Problem with SetThreadAffinityMask + HT
Hi, the setup is a dual 4 core Nehalem (E5540) with HyperThreading (HT) enabled running under Windows 7 Enterprise x64. We have made a simple program that creates threads and we put an affinity on them. For example, we create 4 threads and set an affinity of 0xAA. In that case, the 4 threads will not run i... 29 Jul 2010 19:36
Reset USB Port from .net
Hi, It is possible to reset a USB port from .NET ? How can I do that ? Best Regards, Fernando ... 29 Jul 2010 15:12
sub-auth dll (Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter) wrt 32/64 bit 2003 se
Anil Goel wrote on 05/22/2010 03:43 ET : Hi, We have implemented a dll (ipolicy_subauth.dll). This DLL implements and exports the function – “Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter”. The registery setting has been done at – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsaKerberosAu... 24 Jul 2010 09:05
USB Storage Device Detetcion
Sorry for the late response, I no longer received the error when registered the broadcast. I haven't changed anything except received some updates from MS. I still do not receive any additional broadcasts though. I ended up walking though devices and using the filter on handle receive the notifications that way... 23 Jul 2010 14:43
CreateRemoteThread returning Access Denied
CreateRemoteThread is returning Access Denied when run under 64-bit Windows 7, but works without error when the identical (32-bit) binaries are run under 32-bit Windows 7. I should emphasise that this isn't a case of a 32-bit process trying to create a thread in a 64-bit process, or vice versa. Both processes a... 23 Jul 2010 04:52
Was application run from a shortcut?
Is there any way for an application to tell whether or not it was run from a shortcut? Richard. http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/ ... 19 Jul 2010 06:59
Expand.exe failure on WS08-R2
I have a .Net C# application which does, among other tasks, the following: 1. Copies a number of *.CAB files to the same folder 2. Per each CAB file, starts a process which executes the EXPAND command to extract all the files from the CAB file to the same folder (each CAB contains several hundreds of small files)... 13 Jul 2010 08:42
monitoring "network" system calls
Hello, I am working on a taint tracing tool, and I for this I would like to intercept socket opening and closing, and reads from sockets. On linux, this can be done in intercepting system calls (SYS_socketcall, SYS_read, SYS_close) but on windows, how can I monitor such things ? In the system call table (given... 15 Jul 2010 14:18
In case this group is gone from MS News Server
If you are still using MS News Server to access this group, please click at the link below in case MS removes this group from their server. MS is in the process of removing newsgroups in favor of using their forums, but some ISP's and news servers(like the one below) don't honor removing groups requests, so t... 12 Jul 2010 14:03
SMBios Wake-On LAN check
I need to check programmatically if Wake on lan (WOL) is enabled on the motherboard. Is it possible to do that with SMBios? Also, is it possible to change the setting i.e. if its Disabled then enable it? Thanks! ... 8 Jul 2010 23:39
RegisterDeviceNotification fails with ERROR_SERVICE_SPECIFIC_ERROR (1066)
Hello, I'm trying to activate custom device notification between a kernel mode driver and a user application. As stated on the subject line, my call to RegisterDeviceNotification fails with code 1066, ERROR_SERVICE_SPECIFIC_ERROR. Here's the code. DEV_BROADCAST_HANDLE notifyFilter = { 0 }; notifyFil... 6 Jul 2010 15:35
MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache in XP and Server2003
Hi, I'm Yot and I'm writing a driver. Here is my driver code: === DeviceExtension->SystemVirtualAddress = ExAllocatePool( NonPagedPool , Size6M ); DeviceExtension->Mdl = IoAllocateMdl( DeviceExtension->SystemVirtualAddress, Size6M, FALSE, FALSE, NULL ); DeviceExtension->... 5 Jul 2010 06:42
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11