First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 23:31
Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums t... 4 May 2010 22:24
IOCP: Sockets and Async RPC
Folks, I revamping our internet hosting session-based RPC client/server framework around IOCP and Async RPC and I have some questions in create the new framework. Background: The current framework is a traditional client/server model where there is main thread RPC client as a hosting listing server and each... 4 May 2010 22:24
_chdrive / SetCurrentDirectory resetting the current directory on other drives?
Any solution to this problem? Here's the sample output - shows what's wrong (when drive changed the current directory set on a drive is reverted): Set drive to C: Change working directory of C: and D: to Test Folder Current Directory of C: is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE Current... 6 May 2010 13:05
IIS + ISAPI + EXE + Kernel Namespace + User Accounts + Security Model
Hi All, [This is repost from an IIS newsgroup since no response was received there. Again, while I do research in distributed systems, access control models, etc., I have never taken the time to study that of Window's, which occasionally I regret. As such, even a terse answer will be appreciated.] In my distr... 2 May 2010 05:32
SEH not working with new stack (stack swapping)
I've some code which creates a new stack (on heap/freestore) and assigns it to ESP (some kind of stack swapping _ WIN32 Fiber replacement). The code works but only structured exception handling doesn't work. I've added at the highest address of the new stack the address of an exception handler function and 0xffff... 1 May 2010 02:15
Setting Service ACL in Win7 Not Working All the Time?
Hi, Finally got around to having a customer email the results in debug mode and this is what came up for Win7: Unable to SetEntriesInAcl (C1h) and C1 appears to be: ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT 193 0xC1 %1 is not a valid Win32 application. So what the heck is that all about? ... 4 May 2010 14:34
CreateTimerQueueTimer fails unexpectedly
Hi, I am using timer queue timers as timeout provider for overlapped Winsock operations. I use CreateTimerQueueTimer and DeleteTimerQueueTimer with default timer queue. CreateTimerQueueTimer failed with ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE once. I could not reproduce the error but it happened for sure. There is no informati... 1 May 2010 07:38
How to assign right to an user?
I want to grant an user the right "Logon as a service" programmatically. Is there any API or COMMAND that can do this? ... 26 Apr 2010 10:15
How can VS2010 setup continue as an elevated admin after reboot?
Hello everyone, I am in the middle of installing VS2010 on a Vista x64 box (SP2, latest patches applied). At some time after start of the setup, it required a reboot and after reboot, setup continued as an elevated administrator without me ever being presented with an elevation prompt, IIRC. It looks almost ... 2 May 2010 12:02