First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
DOS (16-bit) disassembler.
Does MS still have a DOS 16-bit application disassembler available? It would appear that dumpbin does not handle 16-bit applications any longer. I started programming with Programmer's Workbench. So maybe I could dig around in the basement and find something. But I am hoping that there is still something av... 5 Apr 2010 03:58
Call a .NET Application from a Filesystem Mini Filter Driver
Hello, I am a .NET developer and new to writing kernel mode drivers. I read some tutorials and guides on the internet, downloaded the WDK and got a very basic driver running :-) So far so good. Now I want, that my driver notifies an application, which is written with .NET. I want the driver to have somethin... 7 Apr 2010 19:10
!findthebuild command in !analyze -v
Hi, I received a minidump file related to a bugcheck and I'm trying to inspect it using windbg on Windows XP. After having issued an !analyze -v command, among other things I read: ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Use '!findthebuild' command to search for the target build information. If the build information is availa... 6 Apr 2010 03:10
Querying Active Directory
I'm querying Active Directory using MDAC. I've found a number of example on the internet and everything works well (For one VB example see: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/67493/List-all-Computers-in-a-Domain-the-quick-way.aspx). My question is about the query which looks like this: oCmd.CommandText := ... 2 Apr 2010 04:57
What is the protocol for GMT offset in SMTP (e-mail) header time-stamp?
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"> <blockquote cite="mid:cone.1270091759.508936.12547.500(a)commodore.email-scan.com" type="cite"> <p>I'm not... 1 Apr 2010 15:46
Named pipes - am I missing something silly?
I have a client which sends messages to a server over a named pipe. If the server goes away, I want the client to detect this immediately without having to wait until it next has a message to send. I can't seem to find any suitable function or waitable object, which seems silly. IOW, I want to write code someth... 27 Apr 2010 21:19
Not getting message for keyboard delete button
Dear Sir, I used the OPENFILENAME structuret to get the file name and I gone through the document and I came to known that for lpfnHook member we should provide the hook pointer of hook procedure and in this hook procedure I handled the message when we select the file from open dialog box and when I selct by mov... 8 Apr 2010 01:49
fclose and CreateFile are very slow on some machines
By coincidence, I ran rootkitreveal earlier today and saw that there were callbacks installed for my Kerio firewall on those same 2 file functions. (I don't run any AV.) ... 31 Mar 2010 21:03
named events and terminal services
Hello, I have a user-mode app that sometimes needs to run on Terminal Services machines. One process creates a global named event that other processes must be able to signal. If both processes are owned by the same user, it works perfectly. However, if they're owned by different users, then when the second proce... 31 Mar 2010 18:50
Getting a hConsoleOutput handle is still the real problem
Jonathan de Boyne Pollardwrote: ... you shouldput down the chocolate-covered banana, step away from the European currency systems, and solve your real problem.  As M. Steinbach mentioned, you can telltelnetto log-in as a given user via command-line options. Please, I know what I am doing, I still want to do what ... 1 Apr 2010 22:27