First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Bug in Registry Editor (Windows Vista),...
Hi, i was exploring my devices registry keys and found a REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST entry in the Hardware Keys of the pnp device key. When i clicked on it, i was wondering what took so long and then i found out that it has gone in some sort of stall/infinite loop. I was pretty unsure what this lead to a sit... 8 Feb 2010 17:59
read raw file datastream
dear all; is there a way of using CreateFile/ReadFile for accessing raw data of a compressed file bypassing invocation of Rtl[De]CompressXxx? i need it in user level on ntfs3. tia. boba ... 10 Feb 2010 10:00
Seven API to force local driver check first
For our current project, we need to install drivers for 3G devices during our installation process. To do so, we, first, pre-install the driver files into the system (using the SetupCopyOEMInf function) and, then, ask for a complete re-enumeration of the device tree (using the CM_Locate_DevNode to get the root ... 8 Feb 2010 05:37
Retrieve list of processes using SetThreadExecutionState()
Hello, I've got problems regarding the system idle time on my Windows 7 x86 system. After longer system usage sometimes whether my monitor doesn't go in standby mode nor my screensaver appears. For testing purposes I've killed all unnecessary processes via the task manager. But even my monitor doesn't went into... 9 Feb 2010 04:01
disk driver implementation
Hi I wish to develop disk driver, which will use file to store disk image (not Ram). So, i think, RAMDisk sample is the best for me to start. As i see, its not difficult to implement my idea. My question is, how can i implement 'cache write' settings for my drive? I mean, IOCTL_DISK_GET_CACHE_INFORMATION and... 7 Feb 2010 04:19
Best way to determine a well-known SID?
Hello everyone, is there a canonical way to determine a well-known SID? I am doing a AD object lookup with LDAP and an object's SID which I get from a security descriptor. I don't want to bother the DC with a lookup for a well-known SID if I can determine the SID to be a well-known SID locally. Can I safely ... 8 Feb 2010 05:37
Driver development - newbie questions
First of all, all apologies for the usual newbie stupidity. I want to modify microsoft's passthru network filter driver to be able to view all the data coming and going out of network device. It seems that messages from DEBUGP can only be viewed using a 2 machine setup with one OS in debug mode. Is this correct? ... 6 Feb 2010 08:34
event viewer question
hi I am not sure if I can post ETW (Event Tracer for Windows) question here , I know ETW can add from driver or app , we can use Windows event viewer too . I have a question that how can I monitor actions about file create / copy / move by event viewer or my program , I would like to know the details such as ... 8 Feb 2010 07:47
Non blocking socket block at recv() function
Hi,all. My code pieces is: m_SocketClient = WSASocket(AF_INET ,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_TCP,NULL,0,WSA_FLAG_OVERLAPPED); int retv = WSAEventSelect(m_SocketClient,m_hRefCommEvent,FD_CONNECT | FD_READ | FD_WRITE | FD_CLOSE); And I create a thread to wait for "m_hRefCommEvent", when event occur, it call WSAEnu... 5 Feb 2010 01:46
Propblem with TerminateProcess
I want to terminate a process with an exit code, and I want that exit code to be returned by the process being killed. Note that I can't synchronize with the process and I can't "wait a little" before I kill it. On my system (XP SP3) the test below fails nearly 100% of the time. When it fails, the process being ... 13 Feb 2010 23:48