First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Undock computer
Hi How do I check if "Undock computer" should show up in the Start menu? I'm guessing it is available when the computer is "undockable" but what system setting can I check? I looked at SystemParametersInfo and GetSystemMetrics but none of the options seems related. Thanks Ivo ... 16 Nov 2009 12:24
Trying to load an exe from memory not working on Windows 7 64bit
I'm posting it here even if it is not a kernel question, because I didn't know where else to post. Hi everyone, I'm trying to start an exe from memory but at the moment I need this because for a customer we need to crypt the exe and then launch it without decrypting it to disk The technique I'm trying to use i... 17 Nov 2009 10:36
How to inject a dll when a new process starts?
Hi all, i use createremotethread function to inject a dll to an existed process, now the problem is How to inject a dll when a new process starts? thanks . shine ... 11 Nov 2009 16:51
ACE inheritance flag missing
Hi, Let's assume I have a file handle open on a file which has some nice DACL with entries inherited from the parent directory. So I call GetSecurityInfo() on the file to fetch the DACL, then I iterate over the ACEs in the DACL using the GetAce function: for (i = 0; i < ace_count; ++i) if (GetAce (pAc... 31 Oct 2009 06:46
what is kernelbase.dll ?
I'm running accross this dll on server 2008 R2. Can't find a good description. Does it relate to kernel32.dll some how? thanks, Marc ... 28 Oct 2009 17:23
GlobalMemoryStatusEx reports impresize results for RAM memory installed
Helo everyone, I noticed that the function GlobalMemoryStatusEx returns non precise results for total memory installed on a machine. I am using the field ullTotalPhys of structure MEMORYSTATUSEX to obtain the installed physical memory. I noticed, that on different machines the results are different. I tested o... 28 Oct 2009 12:54
IEEE1284/USB
I have a peripheral connected to a converter IEEE1284/USB (Prolific pl2305). To increase the speed of data transfer I need to change the setup of the pl2305 chip. I tried to send UsbBuildGetDescriptorRequest (.. USB_CONFIGURATION_DESCRIPTOR_TYPE, ...) but I do not know how to find the PDEVICE_OBJECT to send the... 30 Oct 2009 23:16
Pageheap.exe gone from Debugging Tools x86?
Just installed the latest debugging Tools x86 while was looking for pageheap.exe.... but this is no more listed in the given tools list but still mentioned in the chm help file... How to get this or where to find or is there a replacement tool? Hp ... 26 Oct 2009 15:34
Sending an IPI to a target CPU
I'm looking for an official way to send an IPI to a target CPU. This target CPU is running code at DISPATCH_LEVEL, so queuing a DPC doesn't immediately send an IPI. KeIpiGenericCall does exactly what I want, but it's a broadcast (= expensive) and Vista+ only. HalRequestIpi is an option, but it's undocumente... 23 Oct 2009 16:41
Improving Performance Of ReadFile
Hi All, I doth seek to remain a sloth... I have an application that does a bunch of ReadFile's against a 470MB file. I have to read the entire file from end to end, always sequentially. Each read can be anywhere from a few bytes to several kilobytes. Process Explorer shows roughly 41,000,000 reads during an 8-... 24 Oct 2009 00:18