First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
CreateProcess and error 740 (requires elevation)
I've been moving a program suite to Windows 7 and had failures from CreateProcess() returning error 740 (process requires elevation) After a bit of poking around this simply seems to be related to the *name* of the target executable. For example "dispatch.exe", which I think fails because it contains the strin... 2 Feb 2010 16:05
Windows 7 hosted network mode
I am writing a wireless miniport driver for Windows 7, during DOT11 attributes registration I am supporting ExtAP mode After the driver is installed it works fine as an ExtSTA mode. When I invoke ExtAP mode by executing command 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Soft-AP-Test" key=12345678 2. ne... 3 Feb 2010 02:53
Deadly embrace between SetUnhandledExceptionFilter() and thread rundown(???) in Server 2003
Hi j_3140! When our application starts up we call SetUnhandledExceptionFIlter() and save off the address it returns as the current exception handler. When we're exiting we pass this saved value back into SetUnhandledExceptionFIlter() to re-establish the exception handler that existed before we started.... 6 Jan 2010 09:08
Deadly embrace between SetUnhandledExceptionFilter() and thread rundown(???) in Server 2003
When our application starts up we call SetUnhandledExceptionFIlter() and save off the address it returns as the current exception handler. When we're exiting we pass this saved value back into SetUnhandledExceptionFIlter() to re-establish the exception handler that existed before we started. We also start a couple ... 20 Jan 2010 23:02
SetWindowLong GWL_WNDPROC XP,2003 - SOLVED
Oh brother! Thanks that was it. Appreciate it. Wasted 3 days on this. Never had to deal with it before. Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT] wrote: First of all, have you considered Data-Execution-Protection / NX issues ? NX is disabled in all but trusted system processes on WinXp, while it is enabled on all b... 6 Jan 2010 09:08
SetWindowLong GWL_WNDPROC XP,2003
Folks, I'm trying to get a handle of this situation which makes it hard to find out what the issue because of all the different version of Windows and all possible all the different security patches available. I have an old Borland C/C++ OWL (Object Windows Library) GUI application that depending on the ver... 18 Jan 2010 07:31
WM_TIMECHANGE Message Event
I'm receiving two WM_TIMECHANGE message events per time change. Is there any significance to this? Thanks -- HLS ... 3 Jan 2010 20:28
App startup time is slow using CreateProcess
I got the same problem you are having. If you were able to figure out a solution could you please post it here. url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/14743837.aspx ... 1 Jan 2010 01:13
Enabling "write watch" for a mapped region.
I've been exploring ways to enable write watch on a file mapping, so far with no success. Now this is looking like it is probably not possible, I tried a) Calling VirtualAlloc before doing the mapping call, but this approach fails. b) Passing MEM_WRITE_WATCH into MapViewOfFile, again no success. c) Calli... 31 Dec 2009 10:58
Serial communication and IO Completion Ports
Hi, I am working on a project which includes writing a low level communication software which interfaces with both TCP/IP sockets and serial ports. I used to write a socket server before by using IO Completion Ports and will do so for the TCP/IP socket interface. I also want to use IO Completion Ports for th... 27 Dec 2009 13:01