From: Kursat on
Hi,

I am working on a project which includes writing a low level communication
software which interfaces with both TCP/IP sockets and serial ports. I used
to write a socket server before by using IO Completion Ports and will do so
for the TCP/IP socket interface. I also want to use IO Completion Ports for
the serial communication.
My questions are:

- It seems it is possible to use IOCP for serial communication at least in
theory. Is there any practical difficulty or oddness using IOCP for serial
communication?
- Is there any obvious difference between handling serial and socket
communications other than using ReadFile instead of Receive and WriteFile
instead of Send?
- Is it possible to mix sockets and serial port handles on the same IO
Completion Port?
- Do you have any link to an article or sample source code which explains
serial communication with IO Completion Port?

Thanks in advance