First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
CreateProcessAsUser vs CreateProcessWithLogonW
Would it be true that CreateProcessWithLogonW() is exactly the same as doing LogonUser(), ImpersonateLoggedOnUser(), CreateProcessAsUser()? I am tryingto use CreateProcessWithLogonW() to start an application that runs under a service account for Microsoft Exchange. The process does get started but does not h... 1 Dec 2009 00:42
Support for selective suspend for usbstor.sys?
Hi all, I wonder if MS Mass Storage Stack (usbstor.sys) supports selective suspend? I' quite sure it does not support for XP and Vista, but what about Seven? Is there any web document or MS informatino on this (except the old MS web pages about usbstor: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/usbfaq.mspx and htt... 26 Nov 2009 14:15
How to communicate with user, from printer driver
Hi ! I wrote a little driver (based on Bitmap example from WDK) that captures printing and sends images thru NamedPipes to user (my) application - this works great. Now, I want to be able to give a possibility to select to which application data will be sent (user can start few applications on his account). ... 26 Nov 2009 11:59
Duplicating console handle fails
Hi, this puzzles me a lot. Consider the below, self-contained example code. It creates a new process handle to the own process, either by calling DuplicateHandle() or by just calling OpenProcess(), depending on the value of the DUP_PROCESS_HANDLE define. Which one of them you use doesn't matter for the outcome... 28 Nov 2009 14:34
Processus , detect if exists
Hello, I need to intercept an event of signal exit of a Windows process since handle processid, or whether the process is still active according to the variable handle returned by the PsGetCurrentProcessID. Why: I developed a driver disk mapping on a user-mode process and when I left the process in task m... 23 Nov 2009 16:23
ETW EtwRegister() provider list
Where does one find the provider list to get the correct provider ID for tracing? It isn't obvious from the API docs and there are scant examples online. BTW: The whole point of this exercise is to detect various system messages running in applications and trace back what app called that message. Additionall... 1 Dec 2009 11:38
OpenProcess() question
I have an application that uses CreateProcess to start several child processes. I want my main program to periodically check to see if they are still running. I tried to do this by calling OpenProcess() using the process id of the child process; I assumed I would get a null return from the call if it was no l... 20 Nov 2009 15:43
GetSystemDirectory
I know this is not a kernel question, but not too many groups left where people are up on winapis. I am using the function GetSystemDirectory, however in certain circumstances in Windows XP Pro it is returning a relative path, not the full path to the system directory! E.g., sometimes the code below returns "... 3 Dec 2009 17:08
How to change the drive boot order by code?
Hi, I need to force a PXE boot so I need to change the boot priority. I know boot order depends on BIOS, but how can I change it by code? Thanks, ... 19 Nov 2009 06:08
CreateFile Fails - Second Execution On Same File
Hi All, See code below. Why does the second call fail? Do I misunderstand the MSDN documentation? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363858(VS.85).aspx TIA, -Le Chaud Lapin- #include <windows.h> int main (int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { // Please make sure the following file ex... 17 Nov 2009 07:16