First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
OpenEvent() fails on Vista for some processes while trying toopen global event
Pavel A. wrote: Something related to the integrity classes? I don't think so. I have excluded such possibility since setting explicitly access rights to Everyone includes also untrusted level, so integrity control shouldn't get in the way. Now after getting two replies suggesting it I have checked it to be... 16 Dec 2009 21:20
Finding lost file handle
Hi there My application has to work with a 3rd party control that opens a file. All works ok except that it seems that under vista and windows 7 the file remains locked after the the form containing the control is unloaded and the only way to unlock it is to close the whole application. So my guess is that the h... 16 Dec 2009 11:14
OpenEvent() fails on Vista for some processes while trying toopen global event
Hi Grzegorz! On pre vista OSes it used to be working, on Vista it works too but not for every process. For some processes OpenEvent(EVENT_MODIFY_STATE,...) fails with GetLastError() returning 5 (ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED). Maybe it is the same problem, as with NamesdPipes... See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/e... 16 Dec 2009 02:35
Something related to the integrity classes? --pa "Grzegorz Wr�bel" </dev/null(a)localhost.localdomain> wrote in message news:hg9akg$6vg$1(a)nemesis.news.neostrada.pl... Hi, I am creating an event in a global namespace from within a service. The event is supposed to be accessed (set) by some other process... 22 Dec 2009 05:58
OpenEvent() fails on Vista for some processes while trying to openglobal event
Hi, I am creating an event in a global namespace from within a service. The event is supposed to be accessed (set) by some other processes that might be running under different credentials in different sessions, so during its creation I add following DACL: "D:(A;NP;GRGW;;;WD)" to its security descriptor (rea... 15 Dec 2009 20:03
xperf export to XML
I ran across this http://blogs.technet.com/askperf/archive/2008/06/27/an-intro-to-xperf.aspx and I am trying to export the etl into XML as it says should be possible with no success. I am also trying to export as CSV and that isn't working either and that the xperf -help screen is telling me is possible. xper... 15 Dec 2009 18:57
win7 service popup
hi, i have a c++ service i'm trying to get to work in Windows 7. it has to launch a popup dialog to the user. i use now a method that finds the Console Session ID, and runs CreateProcessAsUser. It works fine while logged on to console. But if I'm connected to my Win7 using RDP and the service starts the pro... 14 Dec 2009 03:23
Programmatic Console Application
I hope I have the right group for this; I think so, because it's fundamentally about Win32 API calls. I currently have a large C++ application which, on startup, launches a GUI using the third-party Allegro graphics library. To work correctly doing this, I understand it need to be a Windows Application, not ... 13 Dec 2009 19:49
How to read a symbolic link? Is there a POSIX readlink() equivalent?
POSIX has readlink() - read the contents of a symbolic link. In other words, if "foo" is a symlink to "baz/bar", the result is the string "baz/bar" What is the Win32 (Vista and later) equivalent? Presumably there is one, since from the command line, dir displays the desired information for symbolic links. TIA... 11 Dec 2009 12:28
Service parameters ignored
I am trying to create/start an NT service on Windows server 2003 using sc.exe The problem is that the parameters are not getting passed as I would expect to the service. Instead unless I manually start the service from the windows services viewer and explicitly give the parameters they are not passed to the service... 9 Dec 2009 18:53