First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Print Spooler Job ID Limit on Vista?
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a limit on the value of JobID that is returned from the JOB_INFO_X structures? I am currently using the JobID to track and store information about jobs being submitted to a print queue using the FindFirst/ FindNextPrinterChangeNotification. My storage and retreival is... 18 Jan 2008 10:22
Still confused why working set larger than virtual memory
> My question is why sometimes from perfmon on Windows, working set larger than virtual memory? I think virtual memory is the total size of memory (committed, reserved, shared, private) and working set is just the RAM touched by current process currently. Virtual memory should always larger than working set... 1 Feb 2008 00:52
How to determine if it's a CD or DVD in drive & RW possibly?
Is there any api gives the type of media in a cd/dvd drive? I know one could basically assume if it's using over 700Megs it's dvd but that seems crude and error prone. ... 4 Jan 2008 02:00
Kernel Space -> User Space IPC
Hi all, I'm a newbie to kernel programming :-) I am writing a network mini-redirector and I want to know how I can asynchronously send 'messages' from the kernel space (the redirector) to the user space (for example a console application) and receive ACK or something similar. In the WDK help I couldn't find ... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
RegDBRestore API Documentation
Hi, I am looking for the API documentation for RegDBRestore and related APIs. -- John J. Hanley Portlock Software www.portlock.com ... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
NtFrsApiEnumBackupRestoreSets API Documentation
Hi, I am looking for the API documentation for NtFrsApiEnumBackupRestoreSets -- John J. Hanley Portlock Software www.portlock.com ... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
BroadcastSystemMessage in VISTA
Hello, trying to send a broadcast message in vista ( under administrator, in elevated process) using BroadcastSystemMessage and it fails with last error 5 ( access denied) why??? I call this function after mounting an iso as drive using my driver. Disk is mounted well and I can access it and read information, ... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
IOCTL_DISK_ONLINE on longhorn
Hi, I was trying to intialise the new raw disk that is presented to the host from the storage array such as EMC clariion using IOCTL_DISK_CREATE_DISK in 2k3 server sp1. This ioctl is failing on longhorn since it looks like the disk is in offline state. I could not find an ioctl to be used at user level for onl... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
Hiding console window fails - Windows Vista specific
Hi guys: We have a console application, which needs to hide the console window at its startup. This is simple to do: hWndCons = GetConsoleWindow(); ShowWindow(hWndCons, SW_HIDE); Now, the first time you start our application after log-on on Windows Vista, it does not work, the console is not hid... 10 Dec 2007 01:36
Application Error, The memory could not be "read". How to debug?
Our application, which runs as a service, has given the following Application Error just once, randomly, while shutting down the service on a customer machine: The instruction at "0x7c82caa2" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be "read". Is there anything that can be gleaned from that addr... 10 Dec 2007 01:36