First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
DeleteTimerQueueTimer blocking when it should be non-blocking
I am supporting a system on Windows XP/2003 and we have come across a situation where the documentation for DeleteTimerQueueTimer is inconsistent with its behaviour. The code in use first creates a timer using CreateTimerQueueTimer with a callback and the timer executing off the timer thread CreateTimerQue... 8 Dec 2009 07:31
Creating a partition programmatically
Hi, When you create a logical partition inside an extended partition (e.g. using diskpart) on Windows 7 the following german message box will be displayed, which looks like:: „Sie müssen den Datenträger in Laufwerk E: formatieren, bevor Sie ihn verwenden können. Möchten Sie ihn formatieren?“ Approx. Transl... 11 Jan 2010 06:29
How to shut down a hard disc by code?
Hi there. I know how to shut down the whole computer or only the display by programming. But, how to shut down a hard disc by code? Thanks. ... 11 Dec 2009 18:04
DPINST fails to install driver package on Windows 2008 R2 Itanium
Hi All, A driver package (a volume filter driver) which installed properly on Windows 2008 Itanium fails to install on Windows 2008 R2 Itanium. What can be the cause of this error? Note that I used the WDK 7600 itanium version of dpinst.exe. The error message logged in dpinst.log is clueless. ERROR: The ... 4 Dec 2009 15:09
object manager name space \?? \\. \?
Hi, Is there a place the explains all the little prefixes for the name space. In other words, what's the difference between \?? \\. \\? Scattered around I've found that: \?? is global name space \\. is DOSDevices but can't find anything on \\? are there more? TIA!! ... 17 Dec 2009 15:57
SpinLock/Mutex : Difference ?
Hello everybody, I would like know what is the difference between spinlock and mutex. I think know, there are a mutiprocessor story but I don't know exactly what is it. If I take this exemple : KeAcquireSpinLock <- CPU2 is here and it have the hand. .... <- CPU1 is here KeReleaseSpinLock What ... 24 Dec 2009 17:19
Worm in msvcr80.dll?
An anti-spyware program I use has reported a worm (w32worm.ircbot.60416.6) in a particular version of msvcr80.dll (8.0.50727.762). Has anyone else experienced reports of issues with this file? Please could some one tell me where I can get a 'good' copy of this particular version of this file so that I can see... 6 Dec 2009 07:23
How to get system time in microseconds in miniport driver
Hi, Is there a way to get system time in microseconds in NDIS miniport driver. Thanks & Regards, Ravi ... 2 Dec 2009 10:59
CreateProcessAsUser vs CreateProcessWithLogonW
Digging a little deeper in to the situation, I found that AdjustTokenPrivileges() is actually returning with ERROR_NOT_ALL_ASSIGNED. So I did two separate calls to AdjustTokenPrivileges(). The first call to enable SE_INCREASE_QUOTA_NAME works. The second, to enable SE_ASSIGNPRIMARYTOKEN_NAME returns ERROR_N... 2 Dec 2009 17:50
VS2008 On Host Will Not Load Symbols For msvsmon'ed EXE On VM
Hi All, I have what is surely a common situation. 1. My physical machine is runs Windows Vista + Visual Studio 2008. 2. A developer reported a crash of our application on Windows 7. 3. I loaded Windows 7 onto a VM for first time today (what a nightmare) and put our application on the Windows 7 VM. 4. I launch... 1 Dec 2009 19:33