From: ntman on
An anti-spyware program I use has reported a worm (w32worm.ircbot.60416.6) in
a particular version of msvcr80.dll (8.0.50727.762).

Has anyone else experienced reports of issues with this file?

Please could some one tell me where I can get a 'good' copy of this
particular version of this file so that I can see if the problem is a false
positive from the anti-spyware program.

Thanks,

John.

From: Wilson, Phil on
This is the redist package for the VS 2005 SP1 versions of this and other
C++ runtime support files.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
--
Phil Wilson
The Definitive Guide to Windows Installer

From: Stefan Kuhr on
Hello ntman,

ntman wrote:
> An anti-spyware program I use has reported a worm (w32worm.ircbot.60416.6) in
> a particular version of msvcr80.dll (8.0.50727.762).
>
> Has anyone else experienced reports of issues with this file?
>
> Please could some one tell me where I can get a 'good' copy of this
> particular version of this file so that I can see if the problem is a false
> positive from the anti-spyware program.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.

Have you tried sending it to virustotal.com in order to see if other
antivirus programs classify it as a virus as well?

From: ntman on
Thanks for the info about virustotal.com. I wasn't aware of this site.

I have now sent this file to virustotal.com which says the result is 0/41 -
presumably meaning that 0 out of 41 antivirus programs found a problem.

It looks like that the particulat anti-spyware scanner I was using (which is
not on the list used by virustotal.com) is reporting a false positive.

Thanks for your help.

John.

From: blule on
The MD5 hash value of msvcr80.dll(8.00.50727.762) on my system is e4fece18310e23b1d8fee993e35e7a6f, is it same as yours?