First  |  Prev |
Pages: 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Memory leak with CreateProcess()
I get a 388bytes memory leak each time I call the CreateProcess() function. Here is my following code: void main(int argc, char* argv[]) { STARTUPINFO si; // = { sizeof(si) }; PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; while (true) { ZeroMemory( &si, sizeof(si) ); si.cb = sizeof(si); Z... 28 Mar 2006 08:28
LowLevelHooksTimeout?
.... supposedly found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. I have never seen it set on an XP system. What is it's default value? What is the registry type of its value? Is it dynamic (as opposed to requiring a logoff/logon after a change)? Is it documented anywhere (other than cursory mention in the he... 29 Mar 2006 01:36
Administrator elevation via RPC fails on Vista, why?
Hello everyone, I want a service running on Vista as LocalSystem to act like the elevated administrator by impersonating the client, which is an administrator running with the restricted token of a normal administrator on Vista. I followed the guidelines laid out in the section "Summary of Choices for Designi... 10 Mar 2006 06:28
Mirror Driver Architecture
I am building a mirror driver that needs to compress, encrypt and transmit bytes over a network. I believe it would be more efficient to do this from within the driver rather than requesting the user-mode application to perform these tasks every time there is a modification to the UI. My understanding is tha... 8 Mar 2006 16:36
CondVar supported on Vista and Longorn??
Hello all, Browsing around MSDN online, I stumped upon some new functions : SleepConditionVariableCS, SleepConditionVariableSRW, WakeAllConditionVariable and WakeAllConditionVariable... Does anyone know anything about these? I couldn't find anything about them except their (empty and useless for now) entry in ... 9 Jan 2006 21:11
Why does PostMessage fail with ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_QUOTA(1816)?
Hello, I get this error during a cross process call of QueryInterface which itself returns 0x80010100, "System call failed". I tracked it down to the server side OXIDEntry::PostCallToSTA, which contains the PostMessage that fails. Has anyone a clue which quota is exceeded? I tried to call PeekMessage on t... 19 Dec 2005 17:54
Matching a volume to a device
Our aim is to find the device instance ID for a USB flash drive so that we can use it for certain purposes. We have some native code in our system which basically (and erroneously) does this: // Use the drive letter to get the volume name. TCHAR Drive[] = TEXT("C:\\"); Drive[0] = drive... 14 Nov 2005 18:28
how can I reset COM Port.
Hello. I have written a modem comunication app and got a very strange problem. When CE_RXPARITY error is catched by my app, I use ClearCommError() to reset this error. but COM access become abnormally since this connntion. My app only can get the first telegram from any connection. It is failed to repair thi... 4 Nov 2005 11:55
OpenThread
I am sure this has been covered before but I can't find any references to it. I need to suspend an active thread using SuspendThread and ResumeThread. My problem is I need to use OpenThread to get the handle in order to pause it. But when compiling my VC++ app cannot find it. I get "error C2065: 'OpenThread' :... 13 Oct 2005 11:25
Need to detect when a USB drive is inserted.
Windows XP Pro and Visual Studio 6.0 I need to write a small service that detects when a USB drive is plugged in so I can run another program from the removable drive. I have been testing with the Autoplay settings using TweakUI and such but it isn't as reliable as I would like. And I don't like the way it funct... 4 Oct 2005 05:50