From: Vincent Fatica on
.... supposedly found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.

I have never seen it set on an XP system. What is it's default value? What
is the registry type of its value? Is it dynamic (as opposed to requiring a
logoff/logon after a change)? Is it documented anywhere (other than cursory
mention in the help for LL mouse and keyboard procs)? Thanks.

--
- Vince
From: Arkady Frenkel on
Jeffrey Richter wrote about it in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0700/Win32/
Arkady

From: Vincent Fatica on
I saw that. He says no more than is said in the keyboard and mouse
low-level hook_proc docs. His article answered none of my questions.

--
- Vince
From: Arkady Frenkel on
That pretty descriptive IMHO, if no registry value set , no Timeout and you
can sit in your the hook as long as you want or not want :).
When you start to debug your hook app you'll see what that mean , you will
hung inside and all chain will be blocked.
BTW Jeffrey wrote about that , find in the text sentence started from
"But this hook has a serious drawback:"...
So to overcome the problem you can set TO so OS can treat the chain
respectively

From: Arkady Frenkel on
To summarize : default ( no key ) TO is INFINITIVE ( as Win32 define that )
and TO can change it to some less infinitive value :)
Arkady