First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
include files
Greetings, I am using version 6.0 and am having trouble with include files. File hidsid.h could not be found tho I added the directory in project setup additional resources. Also having trouble with typedefs such as ULONG, UCHAR, etc. I am new to VC++ and Windows based programming in general so I am sure I... 21 Jan 2007 02:06
RPC memory leak under Vista
Hello, can anyone shed light on the following memory leaks? This is on Vista build 6000. The same code runs on XP without problems. The RPC in question passes 4 [IN] DWORD values. Note the callback from the RPC server to the client. Thanks for any help. -Gary BackTrace107757996/BackTrace107757996 grew by 180,... 11 Jan 2007 19:49
Getting the full DOS ImagePathName from PEB in a driver
Hello, I know that there's a working, documented solution for XP, however that returns a device name instead of a DOS name, and I really need something that works at least in W2K as well. Here is a Q&D snippet that works in current process but raises an exception while accessing the ImagePathName->Buffer member.... 12 Jan 2007 06:09
fltmgr.sys PDB and - fltkd WinDBG extension not working (windows XP) ...
I am developing a minifilter ob XP SP2 (all updates have been installed till today).... Trying to use fltkd extension wit WinDBG to look at minifilter objects fails as follows ... kd> !fltkd.filters *** Extension DLL(5457 Free) does not match target system(2600 Free) **************************************... 9 Jan 2007 17:49
Taking over a session..
Hello, with TS it's possible to "take over" a different user session using taskmgr. Can anybody tell me how this is accomplished? Can I "transfer" an application from a different TS session to "my" session or send an application to a different session? How can a app started in a different TS session? ... 24 Jan 2007 14:45
How to eject removable devices programmatically?
Removable devices, such as usb devices, flashmedia card, can only be safely removed by clicking the icon in system tray in WinXP. But how to make it programmatically? I tried IOCTL_STORAGE_EJECT_MEDIA, FSCTL_DISMOUNT_VOLUME, but only have effect in several special cases. Any advice be appreciated! ... 16 Jan 2007 02:18
Writing File System Driver & Creating Virtual Disk Drive in Windows XP [Question by a Novice]
Hello, I am new to Windows Device Drivers/Internals. We (a group of friends) want to do a project for windows XP, which can be summarised as follows 1. When our code will run, it will identify all the hard-disk partitions, and will detect the file systems in the each partition 2. After that, for ReiserF... 9 Jan 2007 03:59
WiFi how to send OIDs from user mode (windows vista)
Hello everybody. I need to write an application to manage the wireless connections in Windows Vista, using the Wlan API. I also need to communicate with the driver to set some adapter properties, like the RTS Threshold for example. On XP I could send OIDs to the adapter using DeviceIoControl with IOCTL_NDIS... 6 Jan 2007 12:08
How to convert "\Device\HarddiskVolume1\" to "C:\"
Hello, How to convert the following full file names into "normal" file names: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\windows\system32\lsass.exe \Device\Harddisk5\DP(1)0-0+b\test.exe \Device\LanmanRedirector\Server007\TEMP\test.exe I need the "normal" file names like: C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe J:\test.exe ... 17 Jan 2007 03:27
Help - inline assembly in driver code
I need to perform cpuid, rdmsr, and edit a variety of control registers. I'm writing a software only device driver (my first) beause many of these actions require ring 0 privelege. I have a basic driver working and am in the process of coding the inline assembly portions. I've started with the cpuid code. I w... 27 Dec 2006 18:43