First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
How to use __readmsr(int address) to get MSR of CPU
Hello~ I used MFC to get some MSR of CPU, I included "intrin.h" and used "__readmsr()", but it had error messages that "Privileged instrction". I think OS maybe has protected it. So, how to do that I can access MSR of CPU? or where has some relative information of this? such as DDK, ... 22 Dec 2006 12:05
Custom GINA logon failing for Remote Desktop sessions
System configuration: remote system is running Windows XP Pro, SP2 custom-built GINA running the Remote Desktop Connection application from a different Windows XP Pro SP2 system. I am in the process of writing a custom GINA. It seems to work well for logging into a local system, but Remote Desktop logon atte... 9 Jan 2007 05:33
HandlerEx and SERVICE_CONTROL_PRESHUTDOWN
Hi, Has anybody got that running in Vista RC1 yet? I get an error in the eventlog saying that the service did not shutdown correctly after receiving SERVICE_CONTROL_PRESHUTDOWN. PreShutdownTimeout is set to 190,000 milliseconds. In HandlerEx I return NO_ERROR and post the controlcode to my service thread. The ... 29 Nov 2006 12:56
Question Use of IOCTL_DISK_UPDATE_PROPERTIES Update dynamic volume Partition on VISTA
to change the dynamic volume Partition and force the information refreshed in the cache, I can achieve that through following way(under XP, W2K3): 1) Set new partitiontable in MBR sector 2)call IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_LAYOUT to get all of the partition entries. 3) loop through them to find the one you want to ma... 27 Nov 2006 22:53
Emulating run command
Hi everyone: It sounds like a simple question, but how to emulate the Run command from the Windows Start menu in my own program? I don't mean simple running a program, what I'm talking about is how to use command line parameters and stuff? Something like this: rundll32 user32.dll MessageBox ipconfig ... 24 Nov 2006 14:41
How to recover from a EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW?
Hi, I am writting an exception filter for my app that displays a message box and kills the app. The problem is that it does nothing if the exception is a stack overflow, because some stack space is needed to execute my error handling code... I tried to use _resetstkoflw() but it doesn't help. Is there a way to ... 28 Nov 2006 07:29
Processes spawned from service occasionally die due to 0xc0000142
I've got a continuous integration build server (CruiseControl.NET) running as a service. It is almost always busy running builds through command line apps (cmd.exe w/ lots of nested nmakes, cl.exe, link.exe, etc. w/ redirected output to log files). The service is running in the context of a domain account so t... 15 Nov 2006 19:22
FindWindow fails for MessageBox displayed at Winlogon
Hi everyone: I have a tricky situation. My app displays a message box using MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION flag like this: ::MessageBox(NULL, message, title, MB_OK | MB_ICONINFORMATION | MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION); I'm using MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION since I need this message to be displayed over screen-saver, or... 24 Nov 2006 12:31
CreateFile() returns ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED to the user
Hello, I've written a small wdm driver for Win2000 to access an old custom hw on parallel port. The accesses are via a couple of DeviceIoControl() custom commands. It works fine, does exactly what i intended; however, it only works if I am logged in as Administrator (or equivalent). If I log in as a regular user ... 17 Nov 2006 01:01
About device class GUIDs and RegisterDeviceNotification()
To detect changes in configuration when Web Cams are added or removed I have up till now used following GUID in combination with RegisterDeviceNotification() : {6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} This worked just fine with lots of different webcams. Until yesterday when I encountered one specific brand/ty... 15 Nov 2006 01:54