First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Interrested in a functions parameters
RtlNtPathNameToDosPathName can someone help with the parameters of this function ? ... 10 Aug 2006 13:43
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ktmw32.h'
Help...I get the above comilation error trying out some kernel transaction manager code. I've installed the July Vista build, followed by VS2005, then the Windows SDK for July 2006 then executed the "register windows SDK dirs with VS2005". I have some code that calls SetCurrentTransaction, CreateTransaction, ... 3 Aug 2006 20:34
TH32CS_SNAPMODULE vs TH32CS_SNAPMODULE32
Would someone please explain to me how TH32CS_SNAPMODULE and TH32CS_SNAPMODULE32 are supposed to work on amd64. I am using them with CreateToolhelp32Snapshot both with native amd64 and under wow64 on Windows Longhorn Server beta 2. When I use them within a native amd64 application both flags always succeed but... 2 Aug 2006 22:41
Windows 2000 DISK_UPDATE_PROPERTIES
Hi, i am using DeviceIoControl() with IOCTL_DISK_UPDATE_PROPERTIES parameter to refresh the system to show the newly created partition which i have created by modifying the partition manually. But the funtion works for only the system having windows version Xp or above. i want to know how to perform the s... 26 Jul 2006 22:58
memory allocation fails
Hi, I have a problem allocating memory in a c++ application for a 125MB xml string that I retrieved first out of a MSXML2::IXMLDOMDocument or MSXML2::IMXWriter (using msxml4 and msxml6). Note that this is probably not a msxml-specific problem since the error doesn't necessarily occur in msxml6; (besides I post... 26 Jul 2006 10:10
GetDriveType returns wrong type
User mode question, just hoping for competent audience here... When I call GetDriveType with a device path like \\?\USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_SANDISK&PROD_U3_CRUZER_MICRO&REV_2.15#.... then it returns DRIVE_CDROM for CD-ROMs and DRIVE_FIXED for fixed drive. But for removable drive it does not return DRIVE_REMOVABLE, ... 10 Jul 2006 06:20
ReadDirectoryChangesW
Hello. How do I implement the function "ReadDirectoryChangesW" asynchronously? (Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/readdirectorychangesw.asp ) MSDN says there are three ways to do it: (1) GetOverlappedResult (2) GetQueuedCompletionStatus using "CreateIoC... 14 Jun 2006 08:03
Detours and Internet Explorer
Hi, I'm trying to use Detours's TraceTcp sample to monitor the calls made by Internet Explorer to the winsock libraries, and the tracetcp sample appears to be breaking IE. As you can see from the trace below, everything seems to be working fine, and then all of a sudden a closesocket() message appears and I... 8 Apr 2006 19:43
handling suspend/hibernate in Windows XP
I am trying to add suspend mode support to my application. I am getting the PBT_APMQUERYSUSPEND and PBT_APMSUSPEND event notifications as expected. According to MSDN "The system allows approximately 20 seconds for an application to remove the WM_POWERBROADCAST message that is sending the PBT_APMQUERYSUSPEND e... 5 Apr 2006 13:55
Hook Windows Events
I want to test the waveInOpen multimedia function. This function uses (in my case) WIndows Events for notifivation and I want to hook these notification events. I saw in the MSDN the function SetWinEventHook. Is this the right way? Can someone help with some reference. Regards Geler ... 30 Mar 2006 14:14