From: HMS Surprise on

Greetings,

I am using version 6.0 and am having trouble with include files. File
hidsid.h could not be found tho I added the directory in project setup
additional resources. Also having trouble with typedefs such as ULONG,
UCHAR, etc.

I am new to VC++ and Windows based programming in general so I am sure
I am doing something ignorant. Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

jh

From: Scott McPhillips [MVP] on
HMS Surprise wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am using VC++ version 6.0 and am having trouble with include files.
> File hidsid.h could not be found tho I added the directory in project
> setup additional resources. Also having trouble with typedefs such as
> ULONG, UCHAR, etc.
>
> I am new to VC++ and Windows based programming in general so I am sure
> I am doing something ignorant. Would appreciate any ideas.

Add the directory path in the project settings, C/C++ page, Category
Preprocessor, in Additional Include Directories.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

From: HMS Surprise on

Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote:
> HMS Surprise wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am using VC++ version 6.0 and am having trouble with include files.
> > File hidsid.h could not be found tho I added the directory in project
> > setup additional resources. Also having trouble with typedefs such as
> > ULONG, UCHAR, etc.
> >
> > I am new to VC++ and Windows based programming in general so I am sure
> > I am doing something ignorant. Would appreciate any ideas.
>
> Add the directory path in the project settings, C/C++ page, Category
> Preprocessor, in Additional Include Directories.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Thanks for posting Scott.

I must have a diferent version, my C++ tab seems different. I added the
directory under Tools.Options>Directories(show include files) and it
fixed that problem.

Thanks again for the idea.

jh

From: Tim Roberts on
"HMS Surprise" <johnhite(a)texoma.net> wrote:

>I am using VC++ version 6.0 and am having trouble with include files.
>File hidsid.h could not be found tho I added the directory in project
>setup additional resources.

Did you mean hidsdi.h? That's part of the DDK -- the Driver Development
Kit. It isn't part of the compiler or the standard SDK.

VC++ version 6.0 is now 9 years old. It is an antique.

>Also having trouble with typedefs such as ULONG, UCHAR, etc.

Those should be included with <windows.h>. Where did you get the code
you're trying to compile?
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.