From: HMS Surprise on

It appears obvious I don't know how to get VC++ to link in functions
from DDK, which installed OK...

MSR.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetailA(a)24
MSR.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(a)20
MSR.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__SetupDiGetClassDevsA(a)16
MSR.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _HidD_GetHidGuid@4

Thanks,

jh

From: Pavel A. on
These are SDK functions. Get the recent SDK, include the
correct .h files and libs, and it will link.

( DDK has it's own copy of these includes and these should work as well...)

Regards,
--PA

From: HMS Surprise on

Pavel A. wrote:
> These are SDK functions. Get the recent SDK, include the
> correct .h files and libs, and it will link.
>
> ( DDK has it's own copy of these includes and these should work as well...)
>
> Regards,
> --PA

I have included these DDK header files. How do I include the libraries?

#include <guiddef.h>
#include <devguid.h>
#include <regstr.h>
extern "C"
{
#include "setupapi.h"
#include "hidsdi.h"
}

Thanks,

jh

From: David J. Craig on
You are writing an application that has to either interface with the SDK or
the WDK. Pick one and forget about VC or VS until you learn something about
how this is done. You can use it as an editor, but not to compile until you
understand what comes from where. Most of what you are looking for already
exists in devcon. The sources are in the WDK.

From: HMS Surprise on

David J. Craig wrote:
> You are writing an application that has to either interface with the SDK or
> the WDK. Pick one and forget about VC or VS until you learn something about
> how this is done. You can use it as an editor, but not to compile until you
> understand what comes from where. Most of what you are looking for already
> exists in devcon. The sources are in the WDK.

Thanks for posting.

I admit that I am not a Windows programmer and I have been searching in
circles at MSDN ( and slowly at 24K). You suggest that I pick SDK or
WDK, that is a piece of information I can use. But given those two
choices I need to learn something of each before I pick one.

One question if you please. What is devcon?

Thank again,

jh

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2