From: juergen.veidt on
Hello,

I get this error during a cross process call of QueryInterface which
itself returns 0x80010100, "System call failed". I tracked it down to
the server side

OXIDEntry::PostCallToSTA, which contains the PostMessage that fails.

Has anyone a clue which quota is exceeded?

I tried to call PeekMessage on the window, but it returns 1816 too.

OS is Windows XP SP2

Thanks and regards
Jürgen

From: Scherbina Vladimir on
Probably this error happens because of messages limit.
From MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/messagesandmessagequeues/messagesandmessagequeuesreference/messagesandmessagequeuesfunctions/postmessage.asp):
Windows 2000/XP: There is a limit of 10,000 posted messages per message
queue. This limit should be sufficiently large. If your application exceeds
the limit, it should be redesigned to avoid consuming so many system
resources. To adjust this limit, modify the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
Microsoft
Windows NT
CurrentVersion
Windows
USERPostMessageLimit
The minimum acceptable value is 4000.

--
Vladimir

<juergen.veidt(a)capgemini.com> wrote in message
Hello,

I get this error during a cross process call of QueryInterface which
itself returns 0x80010100, "System call failed". I tracked it down to
the server side

OXIDEntry::PostCallToSTA, which contains the PostMessage that fails.

Has anyone a clue which quota is exceeded?

I tried to call PeekMessage on the window, but it returns 1816 too.

OS is Windows XP SP2

Thanks and regards
J?rgen