First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
GetProgAddress for GetNativeSytemInfo not available in Constructor.
I have a class constructor that needs to use GetNativeSystemInfo but it's not available at that point if the object is a variable (not allocated with new). However, GetSystemInfo is. I've tried the following both within the constructor and global yet the only one consistantly available is GetSystemInfo. Howe... 1 Mar 2010 15:18
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x800401f0
Have you tried to call CoInitialize[Ex] in every thread ? And, in case you are marshaling pointers across different apartments, have you followed all the DCOM rules for interface pointer marshaling ? Other than that, the error seems pretty self-explanatory -- -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no wa... 26 Feb 2010 16:27
Opportunistic Background Processing On Idle Web Server
Hi All, quick sanity check: I have a web server where I would like to do some computationally- expensive background processing inside ISAPI DLL while web server is "idle". Meaning of "idle" could have multiple interpretations. In this case, it means that CPU has be globally under-utilized for period of tim... 26 Feb 2010 16:27
Security Features and Memory Usage,...
Well, this question maybe sounds little od, but how much of memory (percentage) does all this ACL and ACE stuff cover in a running system. Sure, this depends on the ACEs in the ACL and all other extra information, but is there a number, maybe 5% or more, maybe less we can say,... This is something i wonder sin... 1 Mar 2010 09:10
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routineCoCreateInstance. hr = 0x800401f0
Hi All, I am facing this issue. I tried to find the resolution on internet, but everywhere only problem no solution. Can anyone please help me. Thanks in advance. David F. wrote: Thanks Nick - that was it - it was in a different thread! 18-Feb-10 Thanks Nick - that was it - it was in a different thr... 26 Feb 2010 06:21
Open Handle in one Process and Close in another?
Hi, So everything I've read seems to suggest that Handles are global in Windows space and even between x64 and x32 processes. One thing I haven't seen addressed is if opening a handle in one process and then closing in another is allowed or does that create a potential for double closing the handle? I me... 27 Feb 2010 15:27
Disable file system cache for a certain file
I have a 3rd party library which reads a huge media file (7GB+). Obviously the library uses ReadFile() Win32 API function without FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag and the size of the file system cache is increased while the file is being read. This behavior invalidates any valuable data existing in the file system ca... 6 Mar 2010 15:10
NtDisplayString is not able to display unicode string
Hi all, The function NtDisplayString is not able to display unicoded strings on russian version of windows xp. Please suggest the solution for it. Thanks, Prashant Roberto Baggio wrote: I think I ran into the same problem. 24-Jan-08 I think I ran into the same problem. The parameter passed in... 24 Feb 2010 05:20
Create non-elevated process from elevated process,...?
Hi, i am looking for some way to execute some application of my chioce from an elevated process. This is )for sure) no problem, but the problem is that i want to execute the newly spawned process as a non elevated process without the elevated token rights of the same user. I already tried this by using this, bu... 25 Feb 2010 15:58
SasLibEx
http://www.remkoweijnen.nl/blog/tag/saslibex/ ... 23 Feb 2010 15:52