From: Le Chaud Lapin on
Hi All,

quick sanity check:

I have a web server where I would like to do some computationally-
expensive background processing inside ISAPI DLL while web server is
"idle".

Meaning of "idle" could have multiple interpretations. In this case,
it means that CPU has be globally under-utilized for period of time,
not simple a low rate of service of HTTP requests. Web server is
dedicated machine. Let us assume single-core CPU.

There are of course, many ways to do this, so I wanted to get your
thoughts.

TIA,

-Le Chaud Lapin-
From: Le Chaud Lapin on
On Feb 26, 2:34 pm, Le Chaud Lapin <jaibudu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> quick sanity check:
>
> I have a web server where I would like to do some computationally-
> expensive background processing inside ISAPI DLL while web server is
> "idle".
>
> Meaning of  "idle" could have multiple interpretations. In this case,
> it means that CPU has be globally under-utilized for period of time,
> not simple a low rate of service of HTTP requests. Web server is
> dedicated machine. Let us assume single-core CPU.
>
> There are of course, many ways to do this, so I wanted to get your
> thoughts.
>
> TIA,
>
> -Le Chaud Lapin-

Duh...I never bothered to read man page of SetThreadPriority until
now.

Seems like it already does what I need.

-Le Chaud Lapin-