From: Sethu on

I am writing a wireless miniport driver for Windows 7, during DOT11
attributes registration I am supporting ExtAP mode

After the driver is installed it works fine as an ExtSTA mode. When I invoke
ExtAP mode by executing command
1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Soft-AP-Test" key=12345678
2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I am getting this error
"The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested
operation."

What does this means did the DOT11 attributes registered is not proper?
I am supporting all the Mandatory OID's

From: Thomas F. Divine on
Since you are writing the miniport...

Does your miniport get called? For example, doe it get called with
OID_dot11_current_operation_mode?

Instead of netsh you may want to use the WlanSample from the SKV v7.0. You
may need to extend the capabilities of the sample but at least you have
visibility into what it is doing. For example, add calls to
WlanQueryInformation to fetch the current operation mode and calls to
WlanSetInterface to change the current operation mode.

The Windows 7 WDK includes some 802.11 miniport driver samples. You may want
to examine those. You may need to get the HW that those samples use and
debug those under the same scenario.

Good luck!

Thomas F. Divine
http://www.rawether.net

From: Sethu on

OID_DOT11_CURRENT_OPERATION_MODE is called initially with Station Mode value

when netsh command is executed no events are passed to the Miniport.
Third-party apps like connectify gives error as configuration fails.

But DOT11 registration has not failed. Where could be the problem?

From: Sethu on
Hi Thomas,

I got the Create MAC OID request from NDIS, what I am missing is the change
needed in the inf file to support virtual adapter

Thanks
Sethu