From: Hector Santos on
Oh brother! Thanks that was it. Appreciate it. Wasted 3 days on
this. Never had to deal with it before.

--
HLS
From: Hector Santos on
Apparently for 2003, this SetProcessDEPPolicy() is not available in
kernel32.dll.

Oh well, has to be a manual instruction for customers having this issue.

Thanks to all.

From: Paul Baker [MVP, Windows Desktop Experience] on
Hector,

It is possible to configure DEP programatically without instructing the user
to follow a manual process.

There are DisableNXShowUI and DisableNXHideUI compatibility modes. They are
not well documented, but here is a forum post that may explain enough for
you to successfully implement it. If not, you can search the Internet for
additional information.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/os_fileservices/thread/f6283fee-af4c-4b1a-9024-96426c586f0a

Paul

From: Hector Santos on
Wonderful Paul!

I was trying to see how to get the Exe listed in that box. That is
what I thought SetProcessDepPolicy() would do which does seem to do
the job to white list the process during its run time.

I just tried the registry option, it worked!

Appreciate the great input.

--

--
HLS
From: Paul Baker [MVP, Windows Desktop Experience] on
I think SetProcessDepPolicy() is just a convenient wrapper. If you don't
have it, it's not a problem.