From: Ivo Beltchev on
Hi

How do I check if "Undock computer" should show up in the Start menu?
I'm guessing it is available when the computer is "undockable" but what
system setting can I check?

I looked at SystemParametersInfo and GetSystemMetrics but none of the
options seems related.

Thanks
Ivo
From: Kerem Gümrükcü on
Hi Ivo,

try the function SetupDiGetHwProfileList()
and SetupDiGetHwProfileListEx()

They can be of Help. Let us please know
what you did and whether it helped or not,...

Regards

Kerem

--
-----------------------
Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue

From: marc on
On 16 nov, 06:39, Ivo Beltchev <i...(a)ivo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do I check if "Undock computer" should show up in the Start menu?
> I'm guessing it is available when the computer is "undockable" but what
> system setting can I check?
>
> I looked at SystemParametersInfo and GetSystemMetrics but none of the
> options seems related.

See Start Menu source code...
(from Wine, comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32, IRC, BBS, ... )
From: Ivo Beltchev on

Thanks. That was helpful. Looking at the Wine sources I found the
GetCurrentHwProfile function and the HW_PROFILE_INFO structure.

But the docs are weird:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724479(VS.85).aspx
DOCKINFO_DOCKED (2) - always set for desktops that cannot be undocked
DOCKINFO_UNDOCKED (1) - always set for desktops that cannot be undocked

I'm pretty sure my desktop PC can't be undocked but I'm getting
DOCKINFO_UNDOCKED. The Wine version of GetCurrentHwProfile always
returns DOCKINFO_DOCKED.

I guess I'm a bit fuzzy on what is a "portable computer with a docking
station". Does any notebook qualify? I don't own a notebook myself and I
can't test it.