First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
MFT DataSize, AllocatedSize and LastWriteTime Options
Hi, I'm writing some code that reads the FileName attribute file records from the MFT by using the FSCTL_GET_NTFS_FILE_RECORD api call. I've noticed that, for most records, the DataSize, AllocatedSize and LastWriteTime are accurate when compared to the values in the win explorer file properties dialog. Ho... 11 Jun 2010 19:15
USB Storage Device Detetcion
I am trying to wite a service that will detect when a USB storage device is inserted to display a warning message. I have written the service that detects USB device insertions but I get my message when any USB device is inserted. I would like to narrow that down to just storage devices, thumb drives and extern... 15 Jun 2010 06:31
Strange USB-Audio streaming behaviour of DPC
I am running up to 6 USB audio devices (8bit 8khz sampling rate) in parallel and I have observed on my computer, that DPC starts with a CPU load of 35-50% and after 2 minutes the CPU load decreases down to 0%. However, sometimes the DPC pulses in the following way: * 5 seconds no CPU load * 3 seconds 20-30% ... 27 May 2010 18:10
sub-auth dll (Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter) wrt 32/64 bit 2003 se
Hi, We have implemented a dll (ipolicy_subauth.dll). This DLL implements and exports the function – “Msv1_0SubAuthenticationFilter”. The registery setting has been done at – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Auth0 and the value is set to location of this DLL. On Winodws 20... 22 May 2010 17:07
Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past s... 20 May 2010 01:56
'int3' Question
Hello NG, according to various articles and books, Breakpoints are implemented on x86 by the 'int3' OpCode, which issues the Software-Interrupt #3, which is handled by the OS and dispatched to the Debugger, which than: (all threads of the Debuggee are stopped here) * restores the original Instruction * pe... 26 May 2010 05:54
Display ON/OFF
Hi, I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is there any notification for the same. Thanks Aparna ... 24 May 2010 06:52
Display ON/OFF
Hi, ... 18 May 2010 05:59
Windows API for PowerPoint Presentation Mode?
Is there any chance to find out if a PowerPoint presentation is running in presentation mode? I am writing some tools (using native C/C++ and Windows SDK) and they must stop working to disturb the user if he/she is in a PowerPoint presentation. Thanx in advance Juergen Germany ... 18 May 2010 07:04
Using StartTrace, EVENT_TRACE_PROPERTIES and ControlTrace.
Hello All, I'm attempting to log, in XP, changes to the registry and I've got a few troubles : I declared an EVENT_TRACE_PROPERTIES structure, and loaded the LoggerFieldOffset field as per an example with the size of the structure. The value of the structure turned out to be 74 Hex bytes. Alas, StartTrace... 12 May 2010 15:51