From: aparna on
Hi,

I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
there any notification for the same.

Thanks
Aparna
From: Tim Roberts on
aparna <aparnakakkar2003(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
>there any notification for the same.

No, because that phrase can mean many different things. Do you mean the
backlight? Do you mean the black screensaver? Do you mean standby or
suspend? Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: aparna on
On May 19, 10:42 am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
> aparna <aparnakakkar2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >   I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
> >there any notification for the same.
>
> No, because that phrase can mean many different things.  Do you mean the
> backlight?  Do you mean the black screensaver?  Do you mean standby or
> suspend?  Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...(a)probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.
From: Tim Roberts on
aparna <aparnakakkar2003(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On May 19, 10:42�am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
>> aparna <aparnakakkar2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I need API to find out if Laptop's(xp) display is ON or OFF or Is
>> >there any notification for the same.
>>
>> No, because that phrase can mean many different things. �Do you mean the
>> backlight? �Do you mean the black screensaver? �Do you mean standby or
>> suspend? �Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
>
>I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.

You must not have read what I said. Your question doesn't mean anything.
Laptops don't have monitors. You need to figure out EXACTLY what you want
to know.
From: aparna on
On May 21, 10:05 am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
> aparna <aparnakakkar2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> No, because that phrase can mean many different things.  Do you mean the
> >> backlight?  Do you mean the black screensaver?  Do you mean standby or
> >> suspend?  Some of those things can be detected, some cannot.
>
> >I want the state if monitor is ON/OFF.
>
> You must not have read what I said.  Your question doesn't mean anything.
> Laptops don't have monitors.  You need to figure out EXACTLY what you want
> to know.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...(a)probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Let me explain ...
Right click->properties->screen saver tab->Power Button
Power Schemes for laptops...
There is one option..turn off monitor after given time.

I want to capture that event..and want to know API call which will
give me value if display is ON/OFF.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Display ON/OFF