From: RossettoeCioccolato on
Does MS still have a DOS 16-bit application disassembler available? It
would appear that dumpbin does not handle 16-bit applications any longer. I
started programming with Programmer's Workbench. So maybe I could dig
around in the basement and find something. But I am hoping that there is
still something available online.

Regards,

Rossetoecioccolato.

From: Tim Roberts on
"RossettoeCioccolato" <rossetoecioccolato(a)newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Does MS still have a DOS 16-bit application disassembler available? It
>would appear that dumpbin does not handle 16-bit applications any longer.

The 32-bit version never did.

>started programming with Programmer's Workbench. So maybe I could dig
>around in the basement and find something. But I am hoping that there is
>still something available online.

Nope. Microsoft no longer ships any 16-bit tools, except for the
assembler. There are open source tools on the web that will disassemble
16-bit binaries.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Jochen Kalmbach [MVP] on
Hi Tim!

> Nope. Microsoft no longer ships any 16-bit tools, except for the
> assembler. There are open source tools on the web that will disassemble
> 16-bit binaries.

If you have a MSDN subcription, you can still download the last 16-Bit
IDE: VC1.52c!

--
Greetings
Jochen

My blog about Win32 and .NET
http://blog.kalmbachnet.de/
From: RossettoeCioccolato on
Jochen,

Actually, I found my original copy of VC1.5, dated March 4, 1994. It
appears that MS never shipped a 16-bit disassembler. Dumpbin appears to
have been MS's first disassembler, and that has always been 32- bit. It
looks like the free version of IDA Pro will disassemble DOS executables,
however. :-)

Thanks for responding.

Regards,

Rossetoecioccolato.

From: Daniel Terhell on
MS-Dos came with a utility called debug.com or debug.exe which was both an
assembler and a disassembler.

//Daniel