From: alex on
Hi,
I received a minidump file related to a bugcheck and I'm trying to
inspect it using windbg on Windows XP. After having issued an !analyze
-v command, among other things I read:

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:
Use '!findthebuild' command to search for the target build information.
If the build information is available, run '!findthebuild -s ; .reload'
to set symbol path and load symbols.

This is possibly related to this message:

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

but

0: kd> !findthebuild
FindTheBuild service not found

What is FindTheBuild service, and do I have to do something to enable it?

Bye
Alex
From: Pavel Lebedinsky [MSFT] on
> 0: kd> !findthebuild
> FindTheBuild service not found
>
> What is FindTheBuild service, and do I have to do something to enable it?

!findthebuild is an internal command, it's not useful outside of Microsoft.

Try .symfix instead.

--
Pavel Lebedinsky/Windows Fundamentals Test