From: sh192 on
Hi,
is it possible, to call a "normal" C-DLL from an UMDF driver?

How may I communicate with an UMDF driver? Is it only possible to use
DeviceIoControls or are there other ways?

Thanks in advice,
sh192
From: Tim Roberts on
sh192 <stefan192(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>is it possible, to call a "normal" C-DLL from an UMDF driver?

Certainly. It runs in a perfectly normal user-mode process.

>How may I communicate with an UMDF driver? Is it only possible to use
>DeviceIoControls or are there other ways?

Virtually any mechanism you would use to communicate between two ordinary
processes will work in a UMDF driver. What would you LIKE to use?
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Doron Holan [MSFT] on
typically you should only device io control. other IPC mechanisms are not
tested by the WDF team and we don't know how they will react with the
driver, especially around PnP events like remove