From: Fernando Berretta on

Hi,

It is possible to reset a USB port from .NET ? How can I do that ?

Best Regards,
Fernando
From: Tim Roberts on
Fernando Berretta <fernando.berretta(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>It is possible to reset a USB port from .NET ? How can I do that ?

No. What, exactly, do you mean by "reset"? That means different things to
different people.

A driver can submit a request to "cycle" the port, which is similar to an
unplug/replug, but the request has to come from the driver. If you have a
custom driver, you could offer an ioctl to perform that function.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Fernando on
Tim,

Thanks for your prompt response.

The idea is to reset the port (meaning unplug/replug) but.. the 3rd
party driver seems to be the problem because I have to do that so.. is
there some way to reset the port from WMI o some other windows API ?

Best Regards,
Fernando