From: Thillai on
What is the formula for a custom field to show the expected amount of time to
be spent on a task on a particular day?

Can anyone help me for this?
From: Dale Howard [MVP] on
Thillai --

You need to examine the assignment Work field in either the Task Usage view
or Resource Usage view. If you apply the Task Usage view and zoom the
timescale to Weeks Over Days, you will see the assignment Work field in the
right half of the view (the timephased grid). You can examine the Work
assigned to a resource on any day. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
VP of Educational Services

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Why do you need a formula? Just go to the Resource or Task Usage screens
and zoom in on the chart until it's the right level of detail. Or is there
something else you're looking for?

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

There is, as my learned colleagues pointed out, a simple way to read that
value in a Usage view.
However, if you really want what you ask for in a custom field, that cannot
be done by a formula. You will need VBA coding.
HTH

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional