From: aaron on
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:

When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
'next' button, I am getting the following error:
'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is
not registered on the local machine'.

I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual
studio.net
2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the
'next' button.

I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating system. When
the click event has occurred, I have just attached an excel 2003 spreadsheet
to a file in the general directory structure.
This application runs fine in production, this error just occurs in debug
mode.
Thus can you tell me what I could change to fix my problem?
From: Jeff Johnson on
"aaron" <aaron(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below:
>
> When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the
> 'next' button, I am getting the following error:
> 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider
> is
> not registered on the local machine'.
>
> I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual
> studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to
> clicking on the
> 'next' button.

No, you need to install the Jet provider. Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239114