From: Wendy Elizabeth on
I have a question about the startup code in C#.Net 2008. I have not looked at
C#.net code in several years and now I have a c#.sln project that I need to
work with.

I am trying to find where the code actually starts. I found the startup
project folder.
These project contains lots of C# modules. Can you tell me how I can tell
where the code actually starts in the startup project? Would I look for a
main.cs file?
Should I just step through the code to see where the application actually
starts? If so, what should I do to make certain this code will not actually
run the production application?
From: Jackie on
On 5/27/2010 21:59, Wendy Elizabeth wrote:
> I have a question about the startup code in C#.Net 2008. I have not looked at
> C#.net code in several years and now I have a c#.sln project that I need to
> work with.
>
> I am trying to find where the code actually starts. I found the startup
> project folder.
> These project contains lots of C# modules. Can you tell me how I can tell
> where the code actually starts in the startup project? Would I look for a
> main.cs file?
> Should I just step through the code to see where the application actually
> starts? If so, what should I do to make certain this code will not actually
> run the production application?

Tt's usually inside the Program.cs file. If it's not in there, open the
properties for the project file and see "Startup object" under
"Application".
From: Jackie on
On 5/27/2010 22:35, Jackie wrote:
> Tt's usually inside the Program.cs file. If it's not in there, open the
> properties for the project file and see "Startup object" under
> "Application".

In the "startup object", find the method called "Main".
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 27-05-2010 15:59, Wendy Elizabeth wrote:
> I have a question about the startup code in C#.Net 2008. I have not looked at
> C#.net code in several years and now I have a c#.sln project that I need to
> work with.
>
> I am trying to find where the code actually starts. I found the startup
> project folder.
> These project contains lots of C# modules. Can you tell me how I can tell
> where the code actually starts in the startup project? Would I look for a
> main.cs file?
> Should I just step through the code to see where the application actually
> starts? If so, what should I do to make certain this code will not actually
> run the production application?

Find which project has an EXE file and in that project search for
Main method.

Arne