From: polishedball on
Do any generic schematics exist to make a cartrigde the the Video Byte
II, or computer eyes to capture stills on the c64.

From: RobertB on
Well, there was Vanessa Ezekowitz's Quickscan 64 project.
Go to

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~ezekowitz/vanessa/hobbies/projects.html

and it's there with her other projects.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
CommVEx v6 2010 - http://www.commodore.ca/forum and click on ComVEX
From: RobertB on
Quickscan discussion and other bits and bobs at

http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=2463.0

From: Vanessa Ezekowitz on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:48:37 -0700 (PDT)
RobertB <rbernardo(a)iglou.com> wrote:

> Quickscan discussion and other bits and bobs at
>
> http://www.commodore128.org/index.php?topic=2463.0

I should have gotten in on this discussion when it was going on back in 2008. :-)

Another thing I was working on was a plugin for Godot to capture images from the camera at 320x200, 4-bit greyscale. Once an image was captured, you could use any of Godot's other plugins to filter and eventually save the image in whatever ways and formats you wanted, according to Godot's capabilities. It was stable as far as I remember, I just never got to put in the live feedback inlay. The three samples on my website were captured with my plugin and immediately saved out with the later version of Godot's GIF saver.

I later used my PC to scale them up by 2x (without any smoothing) for use on my website.

I no longer have the plugin or the source code for it unfortunately, as both were lost in a hard drive crash. I may have sent those files to Arndt Dettke as a "backup", so I've sent him an email.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over. Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."

From: godot on
"polishedball" <polishedball(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Do any generic schematics exist to make a cartrigde the the Video Byte
> II, or computer eyes to capture stills on the c64.

There is! Just have a look here:
http://www.c64-wiki.de/index.php/GoDot#Videodigitizer

(It's German text, but the links there lead to English sites). In fact, it's
Vanessa's, so you already know it. You should know the other GoDot drivers,
too, so have a look at the above URL.

--
Arndt

GoDot C64 Image Processing