From: Payton Byrd on
I've just posted Release 2010-05-13 over on Codeplex. The new
version's only new feature is a really big one. You may now
configure
the way the CBM-Command looks as well as set default drives for the
left and right panel. Now that configuration is in place, CBM-
Command
will now also load your default drive for the left panel when the
program starts.
A **LOT** of work went into this build. I had to spend a lot of time
analyzing how every string was declared, what functions were only
used
once or twice so they could be eliminated and thus not have to be
linked into the executable (I save nearly 1K of ram by simply
eliminating one function). I'm starting to become a lot more
comfortable with C and believe I'm starting to find the right balance
of when to use certain features. THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR
IMPROVEMENT,
and I invite all of you to look at the sources and tell me where
those
improvements are!
I do want to point out some technical accomplishments in the project
as a whole. The Configuration Manager and CBM-Commander are two
separate applications, yet they share much of the same code. I feel
like this helps justify the delineation of code that I have chosen
and
shows I've encapsulated things well. It would not be hard for
someone
to take the sources for CBM-Command and have a great starting point
for their own TUI style application. If you would like to do so then
please get with me so I can show you around the code a bit.
I believe CBM-Command is stable enough to go to beta, but I'd like
you
guys to give me feedback first. I really need you guys to test,
test,
test. If you have an IDE64 I'd REALLY appreciate any feedback you
might have, especially where directory navigation is concerned.
Thanks again to everyone who has participated in this little project
experiment of mine. Without knowing that CBM-Command would be used
and accepted by the community I'm not sure I would have had the
desire
to see it to completion as I feel like I have.

Pages: 1
Prev: Keying 64HDD-Geos D64?
Next: 64NIC+ EPROM.