From: Payton Byrd on
I've posted a bunch of new screenshots to go along with tonight's
release of CBM-Command. I've take a LOT of feedback into
consideration when compiling the changes for this build. I think most
will be pleasantly surprised with how quickly this is shaping up.
(It's amazing what I can do with a combination of time and
motivation.)

As always, you can get the latest news, downloads and screenshots at:

http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
From: Payton Byrd on
Things are going to be slowing down a bit with CBM-Command development
now that I have the basics covered (I have drive commands done for the
next release). So now what I need is lots of testing and feedback
from folks. Here is my TODO list:

1) Provide a mechanism to show different paths of the same device in
both panels. To do this I need to know the complete path to the
current directory for each panel. I don't see a good way to do this
yet, so I've reached out to Jim Brain for some assistance here. Once
this is complete then it'll be possible to copy files directly between
folders of the same device.

2) A separate configuration program will be created to manage the
following:
a) Default drive for left and right panels. This will allow CBM-
Command to be "ready to go" upon startup.
b) Color scheme management. I've moved all the colors to variables
now in preparation for this.
c) Path Keys. This will allow the assignment of a hot key to a
specific path on a panel. For example, if you frequently go to "//hd
tools" in the left panel, you'll be able to get there with a single
keypress. The system will support up to 10 defined path keys.

current CBM-Command session.

4) SEQ File viewer

I need feedback on this list of features. Are these things that are
worthwhile? What other features would you like to see? I do not
intend to get into disk image or archive management. Both of those
things are Waaaaay beyond the scope of what CBM-Command is intended to
accomplish. Now, that's not to say that someone couldn't take the
shell of CBM-Command and create a Disk/Archive manager from it. I've
tried to modularize the code as much as possible. If you think you
might be interested in creating such programs as companions to CBM-
Command then please get with me and I'll help you get started with the
CBM-Command sources.

Thanks again for everyone who tries out CBM-Command. Even if you
download it and I never hear from you it gives me feedback that people
are using it without problems. If you have problems then PLEASE let
me know about it. I'm a software professional, and the quality of my
work is deeply important to me. I'd rather know about bugs so I can
attempt to fix them than for them to sit and fester in people's minds.

Payton