From: Payton Byrd on
CBM-Command is rapidly maturing and is now fully featured as a file
manager with the ability to copy multiple files between drives in a
batch. And since it uses all kernel routines to do its work it takes
advantage of whatever disk speeder you may be using such as JiffyDOS
(performance is of course determined by compatible devices).

As always, you can download the latest release in a D64 containing
both the C64 and C128 versions from the CBM-Command website on
Codeplex:

http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com

PS. Screenshots are available at the URL above.
From: Joe Forster/STA on
Give it a try with the screen split into panels horizontally rather
than vertically. Vertically separated panels were fine in the DOS days
when file names were short. With today's long file names in Windows
and Unix, tricks are needed to see the complete file name: allow
shifting file names left and right, inflating the panel width etc. On
the VIC's 40-column screen, with borders around the panels, you're
left with 18 characters per line in each panel and 16 of them are
needed for the file name.

An alternative solution would be displaying the file type (1
character), a separator space or whatever (1 character) and the full
file name (16 characters) by default in the panel. Perhaps, the file
size (of the file currently under the panel cursor) could be displayed
somewhere else, e.g. in a mini status at the bottom of the panel.
From: Payton Byrd on
On May 9, 8:08 am, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:
> Give it a try with the screen split into panels horizontally rather
> than vertically. Vertically separated panels were fine in the DOS days
> when file names were short. With today's long file names in Windows
> and Unix, tricks are needed to see the complete file name: allow
> shifting file names left and right, inflating the panel width etc. On
> the VIC's 40-column screen, with borders around the panels, you're
> left with 18 characters per line in each panel and 16 of them are
> needed for the file name.
>
> An alternative solution would be displaying the file type (1
> character), a separator space or whatever (1 character) and the full
> file name (16 characters) by default in the panel. Perhaps, the file
> size (of the file currently under the panel cursor) could be displayed
> somewhere else, e.g. in a mini status at the bottom of the panel.

I think you should take a look at the software to see how I worked
around this problem. Also, the C128 version doesn't have this issue
at all.
From: iAN CooG on
Set default drive after start (location $ba) else Re-read before setting
drive would read garbage.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
Is that an XT? Oh, you're running WindowsXP.

From: iAN CooG on
Payton Byrd <plbyrd(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> manager with the ability to copy multiple files between drives in a

Still doesn't work. Testing with vice X64 & 2 drives (1541, device 8 and 9)
C=+L, select drive 8
C=+R, select drive 9
In drive 8 there is cbmcommand.d64 attached, in drive 9 a random d64
containing various games and files.
Cursor right to go in right panel, shift-space to tag a file (the ">"
disappears, the whole program suffers a lot for redrawing windows even by
moving the cursor, in this case it misses a ">" redraw until i move the
cursor again)
CTRL+C, does nothing, no copy process is activated. C=+C just opens the
Command submenu.
Cursor Left and let's retry on the left panel.
Shift-space to tag one of the "cbmcomma...", CTRL+C, something starts in the
drives, then suddenly

L... F... O...... C...... R....
P{cbmcommand }NP{jeurgie-disk }N
] P 85 cbmcomma...]] P 146 mini put...]
]>P .. ...........]] P 42 mini putt ]
] ]] P 17 demo hole ]
] ]] P 22 l ]
] ]] D 0 --------...]
] ]] P 140 chessmas...]
] ]] U 0 ````````...]
] ]] P . ..... ]
] ]] P ... .. ]
] ]] P 33 dawn ]
] ]] U 0 ````````...]
] ]] P 32 sprach-demo]
] ]] U 0 ````````...]
] ]] P 17 cp/l 80 ]
] ]] D 0 --------...]
] ]] P 9 ultra ]
] ]] ]
] ]] ]
] ]] ]
] ]] ]

Problem (Device not present) writing cbm

The program would be nice, I for first like and use orthodox filemanager
since 1992, but this program is in too early stage to even show it in
public, will check the progress anyway.

--
-=[]=--- iAN CooG/HVSC & C64Intros ---=[]=-
http://iancoog.altervista.org