From: Payton Byrd on
The official release of CBM-Command is here! I want to thank all the
folks who've tested, supported and critiqued the project; you have all
made it better. Please see the website at http://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
for downloads and release notes. There are no new features over the
beta, but I have cleaned up the display of the screen so that more of
the filenames can be seen.

Thanks,
Payton
From: Bill Buckels on
On May 26, 9:53 pm, Payton Byrd <plb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The official release of CBM-Command is here!  I want to thank all the
> folks who've tested, supported and critiqued the project; you have all
> made it better.  Please see the website athttp://cbmcommand.codeplex.com
> for downloads and release notes.  There are no new features over the
> beta, but I have cleaned up the display of the screen so that more of
> the filenames can be seen.
>
> Thanks,
> Payton

Thanks very much Payton.

CBM-Command would have been very much appreciated back in the 1980's
by folks like me who were big fans of text-based MS-DOS command shells
like Kevin Bourbaki's 1Dirplus, and who also enjoyed the C64.

It is never too late... Well done!

Regards,

Bill

From: Jerry Kurtz on
I've only now taken a peek via VICE and this does seem to be a nice
tool. I'll want to give it a shot on real hardware sometime --
especially if it's useful for copying files between a CMD HD and an
uIEC :)

A couple of things though -- it would be nice to see the number of
files/blocks selected. Also, maybe it's just VICE, but there seems to
be a lot of screen flashing. For example, when I toggle the selected
state of a file, the entire directory window flashes (redrawn). Also,
when cursoring up/down the list of files, the bar across the top
flashes instead of just updating.

Again, maybe that's just VICE?

This could prove useful as a cartridge. I may have to see if it works
on my EasyFlash...

Jerry
From: Payton Byrd on
On May 27, 7:30 am, Jerry Kurtz <jerryku...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only now taken a peek via VICE and this does seem to be a nice
> tool.  I'll want to give it a shot on real hardware sometime --
> especially if it's useful for copying files between a CMD HD and an
> uIEC :)
>
> A couple of things though -- it would be nice to see the number of
> files/blocks selected.  Also, maybe it's just VICE, but there seems to
> be a lot of screen flashing.  For example, when I toggle the selected
> state of a file, the entire directory window flashes (redrawn).  Also,
> when cursoring up/down the list of files, the bar across the top
> flashes instead of just updating.
>
> Again, maybe that's just VICE?
>
> This could prove useful as a cartridge.  I may have to see if it works
> on my EasyFlash...
>
> Jerry

The screen flashing is an unfortunate, yet unavoidable aspect of a
conscious decision to make all of the code as portable between the 128
and 64 as possible. With just a very few exceptions, the same code
runs in both 128 and 64 mode. To do that required using the CONIO
library of cc65 which does not do any tricks such as double-buffering
which could have eliminated the flicker.
From: Brandon Staggs on

I gave it a try with my 1541-U and 1581 (both using JiffyDOS). Seems
to work as expected. But I couldn't figure out how to use the text
file viewer mentioned on the web site.

--
-Brandon
http://www.brandonstaggs.com/c64.html