From: Man on a mission! Man on a mission! on
Hola,

I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up
until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under
the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I
tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the
instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess.

I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or
removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any
cd in it just comes back err. cannot locate disc.

Any help appreciated!
From: Peter Foldes on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

--
Peter

From: Shenan Stanley on
Man on a mission! wrote:
> I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my
> computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it
> dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte
> virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft
> auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a
> reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess.
>
> I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed
> or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put
> a game or any cd in it just comes back err. cannot locate disc.
>
> Any help appreciated!

Both drives seen in the system BIOS?

--
Shenan Stanley