From: Bill on
Hi
I have a Compaq 36Gb SCSI 3 hot swap HD. Is it possible to use that kind
of HD on a ordinary SCSI PCI card in a desktop or is it only usable in a
U-server ?

Thanks
From: Andrew E. on
SCSI & SATA really arent that diffrent except SCSI usually spins much
faster (15,000 rpm),& the drives are typically smaller.If the connections
are the same it should be fine.Hot swap enables the user to remove
devices as they are in use.

From: philo on
Bill wrote:
> Hi
> I have a Compaq 36Gb SCSI 3 hot swap HD. Is it possible to use that kind
> of HD on a ordinary SCSI PCI card in a desktop or is it only usable in a
> U-server ?
>
> Thanks

drive must be used in conjunction with a hot-swapable backplane

and of course it must be unmounted