From: iccsi on
I use CDO.message to send out email with attachment using SMTP.
The attachement is from the report.
It seems that I have to run the report and save a temp file and send
it out.

docmd.SendObject can just send out the email with attachement without
saving it.

I just wonder are there any solution that I do not need save the
attachment files using CDO.Message, or I any way to clean files
created by docmd.OuputTo?

Your information is great appreciated,
From: Stuart McCall on
"iccsi" <inungh(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>I use CDO.message to send out email with attachment using SMTP.
> The attachement is from the report.
> It seems that I have to run the report and save a temp file and send
> it out.
>
> docmd.SendObject can just send out the email with attachement without
> saving it.
>
> I just wonder are there any solution that I do not need save the
> attachment files using CDO.Message, or I any way to clean files
> created by docmd.OuputTo?
>
> Your information is great appreciated,

To answer that 2nd part of your question, you can use the Kill command to
delete the files after the send:

Kill <path to attached file>
Kill <path to another file>

Simple as that.

From: iccsi on
On Dec 23, 1:28 pm, "Stuart McCall" <smcc...(a)myunrealbox.com> wrote:
> "iccsi" <inu...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I use CDO.message to send out email with attachment using SMTP.
> > The attachement is from the report.
> > It seems that I have to run the report and save a temp file and send
> > it out.
>
> > docmd.SendObject can just send out the email with attachement without
> > saving it.
>
> > I just wonder are there any solution that I do not need save the
> > attachment files using CDO.Message, or I any way to clean files
> > created by docmd.OuputTo?
>
> > Your information is great appreciated,
>
> To answer that 2nd part of your question, you can use the Kill command to
> delete the files after the send:
>
> Kill <path to attached file>
> Kill <path to another file>
>
> Simple as that.