From: Michal_Kangurek on
Hi all,
I need to write a paper about CF and web services. Could anybody
point me to some resources about best practices when implementing web
services in CF? Any lessons learned, gotchas from your own experience
are even better.
I know already about the complex data types and their problems in SOAP/
WSDL.
I'm aware about the pros&cons of handcoding XML/SOAP and pushing it
through CFHTTP vs using the CFinvoke and the built-in Apache Axis
engine. Any extra info on these issues would be very useful too.

I'm interested in more advanced WS features support in CF like all the
standards (WS-Security, WS-Transaction, and other WS-*).
The security aspects are also of special interest (including the
encryption and digital certificates)

Thanks,
Michal

From: Dan Bracuk on
Some gotchas that I came across include:

All arguments have to be mandatory.
Web Services written in Cold Fusion, no matter how simple, can't be consumed
by Lotus Notes.
If the cfc file has returntype="xml" in any function, none of the functions
can be be consumed by asp/.net