From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

If I select the CLR Debugger from
Start->program->Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v2.0->Tools->Microsoft CLR
Debugger

I just wonder what is the point to use the CLR Debugger when I can use the
normal Visual Studio and do the same thing ??

//Tony

From: Peter Duniho on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I select the CLR Debugger from
> Start->program->Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v2.0->Tools->Microsoft CLR
> Debugger
>
> I just wonder what is the point to use the CLR Debugger when I can use the
> normal Visual Studio and do the same thing ??

Different debuggers have different features, capabilities, and
performance characteristics.

If the Visual Studio debugger does what you want in the way that you
want, then there is no point in using any other debugger. Otherwise,
other debuggers may be of some use to you.

Pete
From: Jeff Johnson on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message

> If I select the CLR Debugger from
> Start->program->Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v2.0->Tools->Microsoft CLR
> Debugger
>
> I just wonder what is the point to use the CLR Debugger when I can use the
> normal Visual Studio and do the same thing ??

I believe the CLR debugger comes with the SDK, which is free to download. So
I've always taken it to be the "poor man's" debugger, i.e., for those who
don't have Visual Studio.