From: jpBless on
Solved!

I looked at the error log generated by the application and figured it was
related to a third Active X. I reinstalled/regristered the ActiveX... works
now. The baffling thing is how this happened just suddenly when the same
system worked OK the previous day. Ok I panicked that's why I did not check
the error log before posting.

From: ralph on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:16:35 -0400, "jpBless"
<jp3blessNoSpam(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Solved!
>
>I looked at the error log generated by the application and figured it was
>related to a third Active X. I reinstalled/regristered the ActiveX... works
>now. The baffling thing is how this happened just suddenly when the same
>system worked OK the previous day. Ok I panicked that's why I did not check
>the error log before posting.

Unfortunately there are many subtle (though rare) ways to confuse the
Registry concerning 32-bit ActiveX components. Moving things about
(logically or physically), installing other products (beta, under
different accounts), ... the list is endless.

The key is to run a Registry Cleaner regularly. IMHO for a developmnet
box at least once a day.

-ralph