From: AliR (VC++ MVP) on
Its going to be very difficult to accomplish because of the way the list
control scrolls.

Here is an example of what I had to go through to make a listbox
transparent:
http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/TransListBox.asp

AliR.

From: Tom Serface on
I wanted to do something similar where I put a bitmap on the back of a list
control when it didn't have any items in it and I just used a big bitmap
button that I show or hide depending on the number of items in the list
control (0 or more).

You might find this to be an interesting approach, although I'm not a big
fan of busy backgrounds like this article illustrates:

http://www.czvc.com/tech/MFC%20Programmer's%20SourceBook/listview/background_image.shtml.htm

Tom

From: David Ching on

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam(a)camaswood.com> wrote in message
>I wanted to do something similar where I put a bitmap on the back of a list
>control when it didn't have any items in it and I just used a big bitmap
>button that I show or hide depending on the number of items in the list
>control (0 or more).
>
> You might find this to be an interesting approach, although I'm not a big
> fan of busy backgrounds like this article illustrates:
>
> http://www.czvc.com/tech/MFC%20Programmer's%20SourceBook/listview/background_image.shtml.htm

Doesn't the listview control now support background watermarks?

-- David