From: Dirk Van de moortel on
mluttgens wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> 0e036cc7-d090-4958-8c55-6d872544f...(a)o35g2000vbi.googlegroups.com
>>
>> [snip]

>> [snip]
>>
>>> How muddled up are the analyses of the twin paradox in terms.
>>> of relativity theory! , see for instance
>>> http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=12dddfc2f78c05c783324da...
>>
>>> Anyhow, a simple analysis uses SR + acceleration.
>>
>>> But the simplest one would use SR + cmbr, which
>>> straightforwardly shows the absence of the paradox.
>>> Note that the applicability of SR(cmbr) is wholly general:
>>> When a clock A moves at V relative to the CMBR, and
>>> a clock B moves at v relative to clock A, it can be shown
>>> that tB = tA * sqrt(1-v^2)/(1+Vv)
>>
>> You obviously derived this formula as follows:
>>
>> You took the velocy of B w.r.t. CMBR as
>> vB = (v+V) / (1+v V)
>> so, using t for the CMBR-time you used
>> tB = t sqrt (1-vB^2)
>> = t sqrt( 1 - (v+V)^2 / (1+v V)^2 )
>> = t sqrt( (1+v V)^2 - (v+V)^2 ) / (1+v V)
>> = t sqrt( 1-v^2 ) sqrt ( 1-V^2 ) / (1+v V )
>> and of course you also used
>> tA = t sqrt( 1-V^2 )
>> so you took these together to find
>> tB = tA sqrt( 1-v^2 ) / (1+ v V).
>> Good, the algebra is correct.
>>
>> But note, Marcel, as always you fucked up where we take
>> the meanings of the variables into account.
>>
>> In special relativity, the equation
>> tA = t sqrt( 1-V^2 )
>> says something about two events occuring at the same
>> place in A's frame, whereas the equation
>> tB = t sqrt (1-vB^2)
>> says something about two events occuring at the same
>> place in B's frame.
>> So, still in special relativity the combination
>> tB = tA sqrt( 1-v^2 ) / (1+ v V)
>> is only meaningful if it says something about two events
>> that are simultaneous in A's frame AND in B's frame.
>> That's only possible if v = 0, in other words words if
>> tB = tA sqrt( 1-0 ) / (1+0)
>> i.o.w. if
>> tB = tA,
>> but we already knew that, didn't we?
>>
>>> (seehttp://pagesperso-orange.fr/mluttgens/twinpdx1.htm
>>> for more insight).
>>
>> Right. More insight in your failure to understand what
>> the variables represent.
>>
>>> Let's note that V and v can have identical or opposite signs.
>>> Let's also note that claiming that the CMBR can be moving
>>> wrt an object is physically nonsensical.
>>> So, in SR(cmbr), one is left with
>>> tB = tA * sqrt(1-v^2)/(1+Vv)
>>> tA = tB * (1+Vv)/sqrt(1-v^2)
>>> Clearly, the time dilation effect is not reciprocal.
>>
>> Well, with the necessary condition that this can only happen when
>> v = 0 ,
>> one is left with
>> tB = tA
>> tA = tB
>> which looks quite reciprocal if you ask me.
>
> Dirk, clock B moves at v relative to clock A in the scenario.
> Whn v = 0, both clocks are at rest relativ to each other.
> Then, of course, both clocks will show the same time.

Yes of course. That's what *I* was telling *you*, imbecile.
Good grief, you are so stupid.

Dirk Vdm

From: mluttgens on
On 30 sep, 09:57, "Dirk Van de moortel"
<dirkvandemoor...(a)nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
> mluttgens wrote:
> > On 26 sep, 19:16, "Dirk Van de moortel"
> > <dirkvandemoor...(a)nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> mluttgens <mluttg...(a)orange.fr> wrote in message
>
> >> 0e036cc7-d090-4958-8c55-6d872544f...(a)o35g2000vbi.googlegroups.com
>
> >> [snip]

> >> [snip]

> >> You obviously derived this formula as follows:
>
> >> You took the velocy of B w.r.t. CMBR as
> >> vB = (v+V) / (1+v V)
> >> so, using t for the CMBR-time you used
> >> tB = t sqrt (1-vB^2)
> >> = t sqrt( 1 - (v+V)^2 / (1+v V)^2 )
> >> = t sqrt( (1+v V)^2 - (v+V)^2 ) / (1+v V)
> >> = t sqrt( 1-v^2 ) sqrt ( 1-V^2 ) / (1+v V )
> >> and of course you also used
> >> tA = t sqrt( 1-V^2 )
> >> so you took these together to find
> >> tB = tA sqrt( 1-v^2 ) / (1+ v V).
> >> Good, the algebra is correct.
>
> >> But note, Marcel, as always you fucked up where we take
> >> the meanings of the variables into account.
>
> >> In special relativity, the equation
> >> tA = t sqrt( 1-V^2 )
> >> says something about two events occuring at the same
> >> place in A's frame, whereas the equation
> >> tB = t sqrt (1-vB^2)
> >> says something about two events occuring at the same
> >> place in B's frame.
> >> So, still in special relativity the combination
> >> tB = tA sqrt( 1-v^2 ) / (1+ v V)
> >> is only meaningful if it says something about two events
> >> that are simultaneous in A's frame AND in B's frame.
> >> That's only possible if v = 0, in other words words if
> >> tB = tA sqrt( 1-0 ) / (1+0)
> >> i.o.w. if
> >> tB = tA,
> >> but we already knew that, didn't we?

> >> Right. More insight in your failure to understand what
> >> the variables represent.

> >> Well, with the necessary condition that this can only happen when
> >> v = 0 ,
> >> one is left with
> >> tB = tA
> >> tA = tB
> >> which looks quite reciprocal if you ask me.
>
> > Dirk, clock B moves at v relative to clock A in the scenario.
> > Whn v = 0, both clocks are at rest relativ to each other.
> > Then, of course, both clocks will show the same time.
>
> Yes of course. That's what *I* was telling *you*, imbecile.
> Good grief, you are so stupid.

The formula tB = tA * sqrt(1-v^2)/(1+Vv) leads to the same results
as SR in the analysis of the twin paradox, see
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/mluttgens/twinpdx1.htm :

Luttgens:
"If you had used (v+v) / (1+v^2) instead of -tanh(2 * acrtanh(.99) )
as the velocity addition formula, and made the necessary
simplifications, you would have obtained 2 / sqrt(1-v^2) for
the round-trip time"

Shuba:
"Of course I do not disagree that 2 * 7 = 14. But 2 * \gamma
is not a general result that can be used to solve this type of
problem. It works in this case only because the FAQ problem
was designed to be very simple."

SR gets rid of the paradox by resorting to acceleration.
The above formula is wholly general.
Interestingly enough, tA = tB, not only when v = 0, but also when
1-v^2 = 1+Vv.

Btw, I find your vulgar behaviour pityful. Bye!

Marcel Luttgens

From: Dirk Van de moortel on
mluttgens <mluttgens(a)orange.fr> wrote in message
2197966f-2954-4458-9017-1785526a6b2d(a)37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com
> On 30 sep, 09:57, "Dirk Van de moortel"
> <dirkvandemoor...(a)nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
>> mluttgens wrote:

>>> Dirk, clock B moves at v relative to clock A in the scenario.
>>> Whn v = 0, both clocks are at rest relativ to each other.
>>> Then, of course, both clocks will show the same time.
>>
>> Yes of course. That's what *I* was telling *you*, imbecile.
>> Good grief, you are so stupid.
>
> The formula tB = tA * sqrt(1-v^2)/(1+Vv) leads to the same results
> as SR in the analysis of the twin paradox,

In special realtivity, with *your* set-up the formula
tB = tA * sqrt(1-v^2)/(1+Vv)
is only valid if
v = 0
or if
tB = tA = 0
and I'm not sorry if that ruins your life's work. Honestly not.

Dirk Vdm

From: Androcles on

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/SR.GIF